* Horizontal spacing
@ 2022-11-21 15:27 Steffen Wolfrum via ntg-context
From: Steffen Wolfrum via ntg-context @ 2022-11-21 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

these line can modify the space between words:

\installtolerancemethod
{horizontal}
{MySpace}
{\spaceskip2.75pt plus1.60pt minus1.10pt\relax}

\setupalign[line,block]\setfalse\raggedonelinerstate% kein hz=expansion mehr?
\setuptolerance[MySpace]

But how can I adjust in general the horizontal distance between glyphs (I don't mean \kern, I am looking for a general setup)?

Steffen

* Re: Horizontal spacing
@ 2022-11-21 21:54 ` Max Chernoff via ntg-context
From: Max Chernoff via ntg-context @ 2022-11-21 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Max Chernoff, context

Hi Steffen,

> But how can I adjust in general the horizontal distance between glyphs
> (I don't mean \kern, I am looking for a general setup)?

You probably want \definecharacterkerning. See

   https://www.pragma-ade.nl/general/manuals/fonts-mkiv.pdf#page=171

for details on how to use it.

-- Max

* Re: horizontal spacing
@ 2015-05-16  9:39 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2015-05-16  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 16.05.2015 um 11:09 schrieb henman <dhenman@gmail.com>:
>
> In the below example, used with the latest standalone ConTeXt version, I can only get
> \hskip to work when the parameter is 1 dimension unit.  e.g. 1em or 1cm for example.
>
> How can I get a larger horizontal space say 3em , rather that having to write
> \hskip 1em  \hskip 1em  \hskip  1em              three  times?

Your problem is the use of \crlf to force line breaks because the commands prevents
the indentation of the following line. The reason why the first line of each block is
intended is the empty line before it which ends the previous paragraph.

To ensure your indentation setting is taken into account use \par (or a empty line)
or the \\ command which does the same when used in the argument of \framed.

\starttext

\startframed[align=flushleft]
	                 Line 1\crlf
	\hskip 1em\relax Line 2\crlf
	\hskip 2em\relax Line 3
\stopframed

\startframed[align=flushleft]
	                 Line 1\par
	\hskip 1em\relax Line 2\par
	\hskip 2em\relax Line 3
\stopframed

\startframed[align=flushleft]
	                 Line 1\\
	\hskip 1em\relax Line 2\\
	\hskip 2em\relax Line 3
\stopframed

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* horizontal spacing
@ 2015-05-16  9:09 henman
From: henman @ 2015-05-16  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt Typesetting

In the below example, used with the latest standalone ConTeXt version, I
can only get
\hskip to work when the parameter is 1 dimension unit.  e.g. 1em or 1cm
for example.

How can I get a larger horizontal space say 3em , rather that having to
write
  \hskip 1em  \hskip 1em  \hskip  1em              three  times?

------------- minimal example follows:

\starttext

     \framed[ width=8cm, height=4cm,
              align={flushleft}]
       {Here is the minimum example:  \crlf

        \hskip 1em  1em space before this line? \crlf
        \hskip 2em  2em space before this line? \crlf
        \hskip 3em  3em space before this line? \crlf

        \hskip+1em  1em space before this line? \crlf
        \hskip+2em  2em space before this line? \crlf
        \hskip+3em  3em space before this line? \crlf

        \hskip+1cm  1cm space before this line? \crlf
        \hskip+2cm  2cm space before this line? \crlf
        \hskip+3cm  3cm space before this line? \crlf

\stoptext