* Tabulate \NN not working
@ 2016-05-29 16:38 Hans Åberg
From: Hans Åberg @ 2016-05-29 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt users

For some reason, the use of \NN as in the first table below is not working. It works fine using math columns, though, as in the second table below.

\setupbodyfont[xits,10pt]

\starttabulate[|c|c|]
  \NN x \NN ¬x \NR
  \HL
  \NN 𝕗 \NN 𝕥 \NR
  \NC 𝕥 \NN 𝕗 \NR
\stoptabulate

\starttabulate[|mc|mc|]
  \NC x \NC ¬x \NR
  \HL
  \NC 𝕗 \NC 𝕥 \NR
  \NC 𝕥 \NC 𝕗 \NR
\stoptabulate

* Re: Tabulate \NN not working
@ 2016-05-29 16:57 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2016-05-29 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hans Åberg <mailto:haberg-1@telia.com>
> 29. Mai 2016 um 18:38
> For some reason, the use of \NN as in the first table below is not
> working. It works fine using math columns, though, as in the second
> table below.
What do you expect?

You use in your table math characters which aren’t available in the text
font and as a result nothing is shown.

Wolfgang

* Re: Tabulate \NN not working
@ 2016-05-29 18:42 ` L.S.-Soc&Gam
From: L.S.-Soc&Gam @ 2016-05-29 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

You also shouldn't paste blackboard characters as you did in your example.

Instead you should use \blackboard command -> check wiki. You will have
to place it within a math environment though, so it might be wiser to
read into "natural TABLES". -> also check wiki.

For example:

\startformula {\blackboard Hello World} \stopformula

or

\startformula {\blackboard R} \stopformula

Greets, Seba

Am 29.05.2016 um 18:38 schrieb Hans Åberg:
> For some reason, the use of \NN as in the first table below is not working. It works fine using math columns, though, as in the second table below.
>

> \setupbodyfont[xits,10pt]
>
> \starttabulate[|c|c|]
>    \NN x \NN ¬x \NR
>    \HL
>    \NN 𝕗 \NN 𝕥 \NR
>    \NC 𝕥 \NN 𝕗 \NR
> \stoptabulate
>
> \starttabulate[|mc|mc|]
>    \NC x \NC ¬x \NR
>    \HL
>    \NC 𝕗 \NC 𝕥 \NR
>    \NC 𝕥 \NC 𝕗 \NR
> \stoptabulate

* Re: Tabulate \NN not working
@ 2016-05-29 18:49   ` Hans Åberg
From: Hans Åberg @ 2016-05-29 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On 29 May 2016, at 18:57, Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hans Åberg 29. Mai 2016 um 18:38
>> For some reason, the use of \NN as in the first table below is not working. It works fine using math columns, though, as in the second table below.
> What do you expect?

The pages [1], "Using math mode” suggests
  \NN <formula>
is equivalent to
  \NC $<formula>$

1. http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Tabulate

> You use in your table math characters which aren’t available in the text font and as a result nothing is shown.

But it ain’t.

* Re: Tabulate \NN not working
@ 2016-05-29 18:51   ` Hans Åberg
From: Hans Åberg @ 2016-05-29 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On 29 May 2016, at 20:42, L.S.-Soc&Gam <axteffekt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> You also shouldn't paste blackboard characters as you did in your example.
>
> Instead you should use \blackboard command ->

I want to use Unicode characters, making the source code more readable.

* Re: Tabulate \NN not working
@ 2016-05-29 18:58     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2016-05-29 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hans Åberg <mailto:haberg-1@telia.com>
> 29. Mai 2016 um 20:49
>> On 29 May 2016, at 18:57, Wolfgang Schuster<schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> Hans Åberg 29. Mai 2016 um 18:38
>>> For some reason, the use of \NN as in the first table below is not working. It works fine using math columns, though, as in the second table below.
>> What do you expect?
>
> The pages [1], "Using math mode” suggests
>    \NN<formula>
> is equivalent to
>    \NC $<formula>$
>
> 1. http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Tabulate
The description is wrong, the \NN command calls the \digits command at
the begin of the cell, i.e.

     \NN …

is the same as

     \NC \digits …

Wolfgang

* Re: Tabulate \NN not working
@ 2016-05-29 19:18       ` Hans Åberg
From: Hans Åberg @ 2016-05-29 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On 29 May 2016, at 20:58, Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hans Åberg 29. Mai 2016 um 20:49

>> The pages [1], "Using math mode” suggests
>>   \NN <formula>
>> is equivalent to
>>   \NC $<formula>$
>>
>> 1.
>> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Tabulate
> The description is wrong, the \NN command calls the \digits command at the begin of the cell, i.e.
>
>     \NN …
>
> is the same as
>
>     \NC \digits …

OK. Perhaps a \NM … command call $…$, then.

The output on the \digits page is wrong, too. (Because of the confusion of “,” and “.” in numbers, an international standard suggests to use either of them as a decimal separator, and a single space between digits if so wished. Haven’t caught on much, though.)

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/digits