* XML export: basic questions
@ 2019-05-22 20:30 Procházka Lukáš Ing.
From: Procházka Lukáš Ing. @ 2019-05-22 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt

Hello,

suppose having "Main.mkiv":

----
\setupbackend[export=yes]

\starttext
   \startsection[title={Sec},MyPar=MyVal]
     \input knuth
   \stopsection
\stoptext
----

Some questions concerning XML export:

1. Normally, with \setupbackend[export=yes], Ctx creates "Main-export" directory containing (among others) Main-raw.xml, and Main-tag.xhtml and some subdirs.

Is there a way to tell Ctx to produce just one XML file with a prescribed name which wouldn't be placed in any subdir?
In my case - to produce "Main.xml" (instead of "Main-export/Main-raw.xml"), other files to be omitted?

2. Is there a way to export user parameters used in \section?

In my case: \startsection[title={Sec},MyPar=MyVal] uses user parameter "MyPar" with value "MyVal", but "MyPar" is not transmitted into XML;
the goal is to have
	<section detail="section" chain="section" implicit="1" level="3"
          MyPar="MyVal"

which would allow some filtering when reprocessing that XML.

- Or is there another way, like enclosing into a user tag:

   \starttag[MyTag]
     \startsection[title={Sec},MyPar=MyVal]
       \input knuth
     \stopsection
   \stoptag

which would export into:

	<MyTag>
	  <section detail="section" chain="section" implicit="1" level="3" MyPar="MyVal">
           </section>
         </MyTag>

Best regards,

Lukas

--
Ing. Lukáš Procházka | mailto:LPr@pontex.cz
Pontex s. r. o.      | mailto:pontex@pontex.cz | http://www.pontex.cz | IDDS:nrpt3sn

Mob.: +420 702 033 396

* Re: XML export: basic questions
@ 2019-05-22 21:00 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2019-05-22 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5/22/2019 10:30 PM, Procházka Lukáš Ing. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> suppose having "Main.mkiv":
>
> ----
> \setupbackend[export=yes]
>
> \starttext
>    \startsection[title={Sec},MyPar=MyVal]
>      \input knuth
>    \stopsection
> \stoptext
> ----
>
> Some questions concerning XML export:
>
> 1. Normally, with \setupbackend[export=yes], Ctx creates "Main-export"
> directory containing (among others) Main-raw.xml, and Main-tag.xhtml and
> some subdirs.

no, because then we also need to check for files with that name already
present etc etc

> Is there a way to tell Ctx to produce just one XML file with a
> prescribed name which wouldn't be placed in any subdir?
> In my case - to produce "Main.xml" (instead of
> "Main-export/Main-raw.xml"), other files to be omitted?

no, because they also server as check

> 2. Is there a way to export user parameters used in \section?
>
> In my case: \startsection[title={Sec},MyPar=MyVal] uses user parameter
> "MyPar" with value "MyVal", but "MyPar" is not transmitted into XML;
> the goal is to have
>      <section detail="section" chain="section" implicit="1" level="3"
>           MyPar="MyVal"
>          >
> which would allow some filtering when reprocessing that XML.

there are soem options to pass properties (probably also demonstrated in
examples)

> - Or is there another way, like enclosing into a user tag:
>
>    \starttag[MyTag]
>      \startsection[title={Sec},MyPar=MyVal]
>        \input knuth
>      \stopsection
>    \stoptag

indeed you can define your own tags

> which would export into:
>
>      <MyTag>
>        <section detail="section" chain="section" implicit="1" level="3"
> MyPar="MyVal">
>            </section>
>          </MyTag>
as it is impossible to fulfil every possible scneario the export is just
that ... an export ... one can always postprocess the xml

Hans