* setuplayout vs Indesign!
@ 2020-08-26  6:44 jbf
From: jbf @ 2020-08-26  6:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Severe Covid-19 restrictions locally have left me out on a limb unable
to be side-byside with people who can set me on track for a few things!
Hence the bombardment of questions, for which I apologise. But almost there!

The InDesign QC individual (who accepts my ConTeXt-produced pdfs) wants
some tweaking to my layout, saying, in simple terms:/Odd/right pgs left
margin should be 20mm and right margin 15mm; even/left pgs right margin
20mm and left margin 15mm/.

I think the difficulty is that what InDesign calls margins might be
termed a little differently in ConTeXt and I have no experience with
InDesign.

My initial setup was as follows for a paper size defined as
[width=140mm,height=216mm] double-sided setup (in other words a standard
8.5"x5.5" book):

\setuplayout

[backspace=16mm,
     topspace=12mm,
     header=6mm,
     headerdistance=10mm,
     footerdistance=9mm,
     footer=8mm,
     width=fit,
     horoffset=12.7mm,
     location=middle,
     height=198mm,
     marking=on]

There was no mention of 'margins' as such in that layout, and the result
is close to what is wanted but not quite. Do I solve the problem by
adding in: leftmargin=20mm,
rightmargin=15mm,

or is it some other item I need to adjust to ensure the 20mm/15mm
dimensions requested?

Julian