On 7/22/2019 12:34, Huseyin Özoguz wrote: > > Hi, > >> But I admit that I do not understand the problem all that well. I have >> never run into a situation where I want the footnote to explicitly >> *not* appear with its reference (except in endnotes). If my grid >> settings were that specific, I would be using endnotes anyway. > > I have this problem everywhere in a 400-page project with hundrets of > footnotes and no special grid settings at all. How would you solve > this situation (my minexamle): > > \showgrid > \starttext > \input tufte > \input tufte \footnote{Footnote 1} > \input tufte > \input tufte \dorecurse{35}{Blub or what }\footnote{Footnote 2} \input tufte > \stoptext > > The problem is, that Context (or Tex) skips lines, which is poor typesetting, too many even than necessary in some cases, and that is not suitable. Endnotes are no solutions aswell, I need footnotes. So the solution to have reference and footnote not on the same page seems the least bad workaround, if possible at all. > > Thanks > Huseyin > > -- > Huseyin Özoguz > > E-Mail:h.oezoguz@mmnetz.de > Have you tried \setupnote[footnote][before={\blank[none]}] ? -- Rik