From: jbf <roma83537@gmail.com>
To: Wolfgang Schuster <wolfgang.schuster.lists@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: styling individual parts of ToC entry
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2020 10:03:42 +1000	[thread overview]

Thanks Wolfgang, while I don't pretend to fully understand the setup you
have provided (but am working on doing so!), of course it provides the
correct result for a chapter that has a title, an author, and a year.

My ever-so-complicated book (and its authors!) however, throws one small
further complication into the mix.

Where a chapter does not have a year-range, and I either omit that
declaration, or I leave the curly brackets empty (e.g. year={}), then I
find that the author name also does not appear in the ToC. What
adjustment to the \ChapterListCommand do I need to make to accommodate
the following? Possibly an \else statement, but not sure how to include
that:

\startchapter [title={Chapter title}] [author={Author Name}]

Julian