* [NTG-context] Numbered Itemlist With Interruption
@ 2023-04-26  3:21 Michael Urban via ntg-context
From: Michael Urban via ntg-context @ 2023-04-26  3:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am trying to have two numbered itemizations, with a paragraph in between, such that the second list starts where the first left off, without having to manually calculate the new start point.  The following does not work, and I do not understand why.

	Mike

\starttext
\definecounter[mynumber][]
\startitemize[n]
\item The first item.
\item The second item
\item Item number \currentitemnumber{}, the last one.
\setcounter[mynumber][\currentitemnumber]
\stopitemize

The \type{\getnumber[mynumber]} value is \getnumber[mynumber].
\incrementcounter[mynumber]

And now the big finish, start at \getnumber[mynumber]:
\startitemize[n][start=\getnumber[mynumber]] % WHY DOES THIS FAIL?
\item Picking up where we left off.

\item And all is well.
\stopitemize
Done!
\stoptext

* Re: [NTG-context] Numbered Itemlist With Interruption
@ 2023-04-26  3:30 ` jbf via ntg-context
From: jbf via ntg-context @ 2023-04-26  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

\startitemize[continue]% THIS SHOULD DO WHAT YOU WANT

\item Picking up where we left off.

\item And all is well.

\stopitemize

Julian

@ 2023-04-26  3:58   ` Michael Urban via ntg-context
From: Michael Urban via ntg-context @ 2023-04-26  3:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On Apr 25, 2023, at 8:30 PM, jbf via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl> wrote:
>

> \startitemize[continue]% THIS SHOULD DO WHAT YOU WANT

Wow, thanks.  I must have read that 'Enumerations' contextgarden wiki page a half dozen times and missed it anyway.

	Mike

* Re: [NTG-context] Numbered Itemlist With Interruption
@ 2023-04-26  4:22     ` jbf via ntg-context
From: jbf via ntg-context @ 2023-04-26  4:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Urban via ntg-context; +Cc: jbf

Don't worry... I've read contextgarden on lots of things and missed more
than you've ever thought of I reckon! The answer to problems is usually
in there somewhere, but finding it can be a bit of challenge sometimes.

Julian