From: "Joaquín Ataz López" <jal@um.es>
To: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: Re: A not so short introduction to ConTeXt - French version - progress report.
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 22:17:27 +0200	[thread overview]

I am thinking of releasing a new version, fixing some small bugs
detected since the last version, adding the bonuses included in the
French version, as well as some other (small) things. So you can send me
the comments directly to my mail. In English or in French, as you prefer
(my wife is French). Anyway the new version is not imminent as I am now
in a busy period in my main occupation (which has nothing to do with
typography, computing or typesetting).

El 13/7/21 a las 21:00, Alain Delmotte escribió:

> Hi Garulfo,
>
> Le 16/06/2021 à 22:56, Garulfo a écrit :
>> Hi all, Joaquín
>>
>> I hope your are doing well.
>>
>> To keep you informed of my progress on the French version of "a not
>> so short introduction to ConTeXt", I am done for part I, and II, and
>> I am starting with Part III...
>>
>> I really appreciate Joaquín's Introduction, its structure, the
>> sequence of steps. Thanks again for that.
>>
>> The latest french pdf can be found here :
>>
>> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/contextgarden/not-so-short-introduction-to-context/main/fr/introCTX_fra.pdf
>>

>> The GitHub directory is here :
>> https://github.com/contextgarden/not-so-short-introduction-to-context/tree/main/
>>

>> I added some content :
>> - 6.7 :      how to use fonts from the operating system
>> - 7.4.3.D :  tweaks with sectionconversionset
>> - p.6 :      kind of "visual Table of Content"
>> - 9.6 :      attachements
>>

>> I added some "features" :
>> - use of ~10 environnement files for typesetting configuration
>> - colors :   to provide a somewhat attractive document
>>              inspired by Hans Hagen "Typographic Programming"
>> https://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/style.pdf
>> - commands to typeset Demos (showing code and results side by side)
>> - some attachments to provide "ready to go .tex for beginners"
>>
>> Some thoughs:
>> - to move "page break section" from Part I section 5.5
>>   to something like Part III 11.x
>> - Once the translation finished, to simplify some explanations.
>>

>> Garulfo
>
> Thanks for the translation.
>
> For now I went through 1/10 of the document and I have comments. To
> whom should I send them?
>
> Personally for a introductory manual I would prefer the presentation
> of Joaquín with less colours and a little bigger type. The notes would
> be better at the bottom of the page, like in Joaquín document, because
> they are very long.
>
> But the translation is really needed for ease of use for French
> speakers. Thanks again.
>
> --
>
> Alain

Joaquín Ataz López