* Defining a function
@ 2009-01-21 12:28 Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2009-01-21 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

I defined a command as descriped in
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Processing_Lists. (\def\IHaveTo#1#2{I
have to #1 on #2.\par})
If I define it in the tex-file that is processed it works.
But when I put the definition in the template file that is used, it
does not work. What do I need to do to define a command in a template
file?

--
Cecil Westerhof

* Re: Defining a function
@ 2009-01-21 12:43 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-01-21 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 1:28 PM, Cecil Westerhof <cldwesterhof@gmail.com> wrote:
> I defined a command as descriped in
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Processing_Lists. (\def\IHaveTo#1#2{I
> have to #1 on #2.\par})
> If I define it in the tex-file that is processed it works.
> But when I put the definition in the template file that is used, it
> does not work. What do I need to do to define a command in a template
> file?

How do you load your template file?

Wolfgang

* Re: Defining a function
@ 2009-01-21 13:36   ` Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2009-01-21 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

2009/1/21 Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com>:
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 1:28 PM, Cecil Westerhof <cldwesterhof@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I defined a command as descriped in
>> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Processing_Lists. (\def\IHaveTo#1#2{I
>> have to #1 on #2.\par})
>> If I define it in the tex-file that is processed it works.
>> But when I put the definition in the template file that is used, it
>> does not work. What do I need to do to define a command in a template
>> file?
>
> How do you load your template file?

With \usemodule. But I allready found the problem. I used a template I
found on the internet. This started with \protect and ended with
\unprotect. It should be the other way around. I changed that and now
it works.

--
Cecil Westerhof