* Eliminate space between float and caption
@ 2009-03-05 15:55 Michael Bynum
From: Michael Bynum @ 2009-03-05 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am trying to find a way to reduce/eliminate the space between a
figure and a caption.  The default amount looks rather large to me:
larger than the spacing between the caption and the body text.  I
tried to use the inbetween option in \setupcation, but I can only seem
to increase the space between the figure and caption and not reduce
it.  I saw a reference to details.pdf in the mailing list about more
advanced examples of captions, but when I went to
www.pragma-ade.com/temp the page no longer exists and I couldn't find
details.pdf.

Thanks,
Mike

* Re: Eliminate space between float and caption
@ 2009-03-05 18:16 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2009-03-05 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

You can find the document at http://www.pragma-ade.com/dir?
path=general/manuals

Willi

@ 2009-03-05 19:34   ` Michael Bynum
From: Michael Bynum @ 2009-03-05 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks, that was the file I was looking for.  It seems I was correctly
specifying the term "inbetween=", but it would seem the inbetween
distance is based on the body font as opposed to the caption font.  As
a result, if a smaller font is used in the caption, "inbetween=" no
longer results in the caption touching the bottom of the figure.  Is
there a way to base the inbetween distance on the caption font size?

Mike

\starttext
\setupcaption[figure][style=tfa,inbetween=]
\reservefigure
  [height=2cm,width=10cm,frame=on][here][fig:reservation]
  {An example of a reservation.}
\setupcaption[figure][style=tf,inbetween=]
\reservefigure
  [height=2cm,width=10cm,frame=on][here][fig:reservation]
  {An example of a reservation.}
\setupcaption[figure][style=tfx,inbetween=]
\reservefigure
  [height=2cm,width=10cm,frame=on][here][fig:reservation]
  {An example of a reservation.}
\setupcaption[figure][style=tfxx,inbetween=]
\reservefigure
  [height=2cm,width=10cm,frame=on][here][fig:reservation]
  {An example of a reservation.}
\stoptext