* Group together figure and table
@ 2009-04-06 16:17 Michael Bynum
From: Michael Bynum @ 2009-04-06 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am trying to find a way to group together a table which lists values
in a figure that I have.  I would also like to keep seperate
references for each so I would rather not use a combination.  I saw
the \begingroup command while searching through the wiki, but I was
unable to determine what it does and it doesn't seem to do what I
need.  I also tried to setup a buffer, but that didn't ensure that the
table and figure were displayed sequentially.  Is there a way to do
this while keeping both references intact?  Thanks.

Mike

* Re: Group together figure and table
@ 2009-04-06 18:25 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-04-06 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 06.04.2009 um 18:17 schrieb Michael Bynum:

> I am trying to find a way to group together a table which lists values
> in a figure that I have.  I would also like to keep seperate
> references for each so I would rather not use a combination.  I saw
> the \begingroup command while searching through the wiki, but I was
> unable to determine what it does and it doesn't seem to do what I
> need.  I also tried to setup a buffer, but that didn't ensure that the
> table and figure were displayed sequentially.  Is there a way to do
> this while keeping both references intact?  Thanks.

\starttext

\input knuth

\placefigure
   {none}
   {\setupcombinations[distance=2em]
    \startfloatcombination[2*1]
      \placefigure{A dutch cow}{\externalfigure[cow]}
      \placetable {Cow data}{\starttable[|l|l|]\NC Age \NC Weight \NC
\AR 1 \NC 100 \NC\AR\stoptable}
    \stopfloatcombination}

\stoptext

Wolfgang