* gVim complier plugin question
@ 2009-05-07 15:15 Michael Bynum
From: Michael Bynum @ 2009-05-07 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

I was trying to get the context compiler plugin for gvim working, but
I think I may be misunderstanding something about the instructions.  I
keep getting a "compiler not found" error when I try to set the
compiler so I must have done something wrong.

I downloaded the texexec.vim plugin from
http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1925 and copied it to
/usr/share/vim/vim70/compiler/texexec.vim
I then opened a context file with gvim and typed ":compiler=texexec"
and I get "E666: compiler not supported: =texexec"

It seems like it must be a small mistake, but I'm at a loss to figure
out what it is.  Does anyone know what I did wrong?

Thanks,
Mike

* Re: gVim complier plugin question
@ 2009-05-07 15:23 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-05-07 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 7 May 2009, Michael Bynum wrote:

> I was trying to get the context compiler plugin for gvim working, but
> I think I may be misunderstanding something about the instructions.  I
> keep getting a "compiler not found" error when I try to set the
> compiler so I must have done something wrong.
>
> I downloaded the texexec.vim plugin from
> http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1925 and copied it to
> /usr/share/vim/vim70/compiler/texexec.vim
> I then opened a context file with gvim and typed ":compiler=texexec"
> and I get "E666: compiler not supported: =texexec"

Sorry, that is a typo in the instructions. You should type

:compiler texexec

(without the = sign)

BTW, you might also be interested in syntax and indent files for ConTeXt
http://github.com/adityam/vim-context/tree/master

Aditya

* Re: gVim complier plugin question
@ 2009-05-07 16:25   ` Michael Bynum
From: Michael Bynum @ 2009-05-07 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks, that fixed my problem.  I installed both of the syntax and
indent files.  It wasn't immediately obvious to me what the indent
file does.  Should it
autoindent something like this without me having to manually tab over?

\setuphead[subsection]
   [number=no,
    after={\blank[medium]},
    before={\placefloats},
    textcommand=\mysubsectionhead]

Mike

@ 2009-05-07 18:17     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-05-07 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 7 May 2009, Michael Bynum wrote:

> Thanks, that fixed my problem.  I installed both of the syntax and
> indent files.  It wasn't immediately obvious to me what the indent
> file does.

indent files are for specifying filetype specific indent expressions. See
:he indent-expression

> Should it
> autoindent something like this without me having to manually tab over?
>
> \setuphead[subsection]
>   [number=no,
>    after={\blank[medium]},
>    before={\placefloats},
>    textcommand=\mysubsectionhead]

Yes, it will indent it as

\setuphead[subsection]
           [number=no,
           after={\blank[medium]},
           before={\placefloats},
           textcommand=\mysubsectionhead]

It also does some simple indentation with \start ... \stop, itemize, and
\NC.

Aditya

* Re: gVim complier plugin question
@ 2009-05-07 19:17       ` Michael Bynum
From: Michael Bynum @ 2009-05-07 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hmm,  then I must not have something set up correctly.  If I type
"\setuphead[subsection] <cr>" I do not get the indenting as you are
showing.  Is there someway to check to see if the context.vim
indenting file is being used?

Mike

@ 2009-05-07 19:38         ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-05-07 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 7 May 2009, Michael Bynum wrote:

> Hmm,  then I must not have something set up correctly.  If I type
> "\setuphead[subsection] <cr>" I do not get the indenting as you are
> showing.

The indenting only occurs when you type \setuphead[subsection] <cr> [

> Is there someway to check to see if the context.vim
> indenting file is being used?

:verbose set indentexpr?

It should return where indentexpr was last set

Aditya

* Re: gVim complier plugin question
@ 2009-05-07 20:22           ` Michael Bynum
From: Michael Bynum @ 2009-05-07 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

I needed to add "filetype plugin indent on" to my .vimrc file.  It
works now and is quite useful.  Thanks!

Mike