* simple-slides: Last slide not formatted
@ 2009-06-04 18:28 Michael Bynum
From: Michael Bynum @ 2009-06-04 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am having a problem with the last slide of my presentation using the
simple-slide module.  No matter what style I use, the last slide
doesn't follow the style chosen and doesn't contain the specified
title.  In the example below, the title slide and slides 1 - 3 are
correctly formatted, but slide 4 only displays the text "This is the
forth slide" in black text on a white background.  Is there something
I'm doing wrong?

\usemodule[simpleslides][style=BigNumber]
\setupTitle
	[ title={Title of Presentation},
          author={Author of Presentation},
	  date={Today},
	]

\starttext
\placeTitle

\SlideTitle {The first slide}
This is the first slide.

\SlideTitle {The second slide}
This is the second slide.

\SlideTitle {The third slide}
This is the third slide.

\SlideTitle {The forth slide}
This is the forth slide.

\stoptext

Thanks,
Mike

* Re: simple-slides: Last slide not formatted
@ 2009-06-04 18:42 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2009-06-04 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jun 4, 2009, at 8:28 PM, Michael Bynum wrote:

> I am having a problem with the last slide of my presentation using the
> simple-slide module.  No matter what style I use, the last slide
> doesn't follow the style chosen and doesn't contain the specified
> title.  In the example below, the title slide and slides 1 - 3 are
> correctly formatted, but slide 4 only displays the text "This is the
> forth slide" in black text on a white background.  Is there something
> I'm doing wrong?

I get correct output with the sample code you sent, both with mkii and
mkiv. What version of ConTeXt are you running, which engine are you
using?

Thomas

* Re: simple-slides: Last slide not formatted
@ 2009-06-04 18:51   ` Michael Bynum
From: Michael Bynum @ 2009-06-04 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

ConTeXt  ver: 2008.05.21 15:21 MKII  fmt: 2009.4.16  int: english/english
texexec --version:  TeXExec | version 6.2.0 - 1997-2006 - PRAGMA ADE/POD

I attached the pdf that I generate.

Mike

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 2:42 PM, Thomas A. Schmitz
<thomas.schmitz@uni-bonn.de> wrote:

> On Jun 4, 2009, at 8:28 PM, Michael Bynum wrote:
>
>> I am having a problem with the last slide of my presentation using the
>> simple-slide module.  No matter what style I use, the last slide
>> doesn't follow the style chosen and doesn't contain the specified
>> title.  In the example below, the title slide and slides 1 - 3 are
>> correctly formatted, but slide 4 only displays the text "This is the
>> forth slide" in black text on a white background.  Is there something
>> I'm doing wrong?
>
> I get correct output with the sample code you sent, both with mkii and mkiv.
> What version of ConTeXt are you running, which engine are you using?
>
> Thomas

[-- Attachment #2: presentation.pdf --]

* Re: simple-slides: Last slide not formatted
@ 2009-06-04 19:14     ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2009-06-04 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jun 4, 2009, at 8:51 PM, Michael Bynum wrote:

> ConTeXt  ver: 2008.05.21 15:21 MKII  fmt: 2009.4.16  int: english/
> english
> texexec --version:  TeXExec | version 6.2.0 - 1997-2006 - PRAGMA ADE/
> POD
>
> I attached the pdf that I generate.
>

> Mike

Hmm, that's out of date. Can you upgrade to the current version? Or,
as a workaround, try adding an extra \page just before \stoptext. I
have a vague memory of having encountered this problem before, but is
disappeared with some version.

Thomas

* Re: simple-slides: Last slide not formatted
@ 2009-06-04 20:09       ` Michael Bynum
From: Michael Bynum @ 2009-06-04 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yeah, I can't rsync at work.  I saw the thread about not using rsync,
but I didn't want to bother with all of that if I didn't have too.
The \page trick worked for me though so thanks.
Mike

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 3:14 PM, Thomas A. Schmitz

@ 2009-06-05  2:58 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-06-05  2:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 4 Jun 2009, Michael Bynum wrote:

> I am having a problem with the last slide of my presentation using the
> simple-slide module.  No matter what style I use, the last slide
> doesn't follow the style chosen and doesn't contain the specified
> title.  In the example below, the title slide and slides 1 - 3 are
> correctly formatted, but slide 4 only displays the text "This is the
> forth slide" in black text on a white background.  Is there something
> I'm doing wrong?
>
> \usemodule[simpleslides][style=BigNumber]
> \setupTitle
> 	[ title={Title of Presentation},
>          author={Author of Presentation},
> 	  date={Today},
> 	]
>
> \starttext
> \placeTitle
>
> \SlideTitle {The first slide}
> This is the first slide.
>
> \SlideTitle {The second slide}
> This is the second slide.
>
> \SlideTitle {The third slide}
> This is the third slide.
>
> \SlideTitle {The forth slide}
> This is the forth slide.
>
> \stoptext

This works fine here for both mkii and mkiv. I am using the beta from
2009.05.26. What is the version that you are using?

Aditya

* Re: simple-slides: Last slide not formatted
@ 2009-06-05 13:29   ` Michael Bynum
From: Michael Bynum @ 2009-06-05 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

ConTeXt  ver: 2008.05.21 15:21 MKII  fmt: 2009.4.16  int: english/english
texexec --version:  TeXExec | version 6.2.0 - 1997-2006 - PRAGMA ADE/POD

See my previous message for the attached pdf file.

Mike