Bruce, This is off-list because I see you already had an answer, but I'm wondering if I have misunderstood your problem. I thought there was a simple way to do this (or at least it is how I do it): |\setuphead [chapter] [page={yes,header,footer,right}] | Which * Finishes the last page of the previous chapter * Disables the header and footer for the next (empty) page * Adds an empty page when necessary to start the new chapter on a right page I see, too, that you have added in Wolfgang's elegant solution to an earlier issue I had with placing images on that blank page before a chapter title. That was kind of you. I've never ventured into adding to/correcting aspects of the wiki. I've often wanted to... even just to quietly fix up some of the English. It is a no-no to mention that sort of thing in the public forum, and the best way around it, I think, is to simply make adjustments here and there when it would help. Julian