* arrows in FLOW charts
@ 2019-10-07 11:39 Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2019-10-07 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I may be missing something really obvious: is it possible to change the shape of single connection lines in the flowchart module? Let’s say in the following example, I want the connection between test2 and test3 dashed and blue. Can this be done?

Thanks, and best wishes

Thomas

\usemodule[chart]

\setupFLOWcharts [nx=1,
ny=3]

\setupFLOWlines [color=red]

\startFLOWchart [example]
  \startFLOWcell
    \name {test1}
    \location {1,1}
    \shape {action}
    \text {test 1}
    \connection [bt] {test2}
  \stopFLOWcell
  \startFLOWcell
    \name {test2}
    \location {1,2}
    \shape {action}
    \text {test 2}
    \connection [bt] {test3}
  \stopFLOWcell
  \startFLOWcell
    \name {test3}
    \location {1,3}
    \shape {action}
    \text {test 3}
  \stopFLOWcell
\stopFLOWchart

\starttext
\FLOWchart [example]
\stoptext

* Re: arrows in FLOW charts
@ 2019-10-07 11:49 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2019-10-07 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Thomas,

I can’t answer that, but I guess you’d better use the nodes module, it supersedes the flowcharts one.

Best, Hraban

> Am 2019-10-07 um 13:39 schrieb Thomas A. Schmitz <thomas.schmitz@uni-bonn.de>:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I may be missing something really obvious: is it possible to change the shape of single connection lines in the flowchart module? Let’s say in the following example, I want the connection between test2 and test3 dashed and blue. Can this be done?
>
> Thanks, and best wishes
>
> Thomas
>
> \usemodule[chart]
>
> \setupFLOWcharts [nx=1,
> ny=3]
>
> \setupFLOWlines [color=red]
>
> \startFLOWchart [example]
>  \startFLOWcell
>    \name {test1}
>    \location {1,1}
>    \shape {action}
>    \text {test 1}
>    \connection [bt] {test2}
>  \stopFLOWcell
>  \startFLOWcell
>    \name {test2}
>    \location {1,2}
>    \shape {action}
>    \text {test 2}
>    \connection [bt] {test3}
>  \stopFLOWcell
>  \startFLOWcell
>    \name {test3}
>    \location {1,3}
>    \shape {action}
>    \text {test 3}
>  \stopFLOWcell
> \stopFLOWchart
>
> \starttext
> \FLOWchart [example]
> \stoptext

* Re: arrows in FLOW charts
@ 2019-10-07 12:03   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2019-10-07 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 10/7/2019 1:49 PM, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:

> I can’t answer that, but I guess you’d better use the nodes module, it supersedes the flowcharts one.
Both are maintained (and serve a somewhat different audience and usage)

I'm sure that long time power user Willi knows all the answers ...

Hans