* \setbreakpoints[compound] with numbers
@ 2020-09-17 14:54 Denis Maier
From: Denis Maier @ 2020-09-17 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

In the texts I'm currently typesetting, I occassionaly have to deal with
ISBNs. So, e.g. 978-3-123456-78-9

\setbreakpoints[compound] does not enable automatic linebreaks after or
before the hyphens. Is there a way to deal with this? Perhaps something
similar like \hyphenatedurl{} or an extended version of \setbreakpoints.

(I currently use zero-width spaces, so I got rid of ISBNs in the
margins, but a more automatic solution would be great.)

Best,
Denis

* Re: \setbreakpoints[compound] with numbers
@ 2020-09-17 17:07 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2020-09-17 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 9/17/2020 4:54 PM, Denis Maier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the texts I'm currently typesetting, I occassionaly have to deal with
> ISBNs. So, e.g. 978-3-123456-78-9
>
> \setbreakpoints[compound] does not enable automatic linebreaks after or
> before the hyphens. Is there a way to deal with this? Perhaps something
> similar like \hyphenatedurl{} or an extended version of \setbreakpoints.
>
> (I currently use zero-width spaces, so I got rid of ISBNs in the
> margins, but a more automatic solution would be great.)

\unexpanded\def\isbnnumber#1%
   {\cldcontext{string.gsub("#1","-","\\automaticdiscretionary")}}

\hsize 1mm \isbnnumber{123-456}

* Re: \setbreakpoints[compound] with numbers
@ 2020-09-18  6:20   ` Denis Maier
From: Denis Maier @ 2020-09-18  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 17.09.2020 um 19:07 schrieb Hans Hagen:
> On 9/17/2020 4:54 PM, Denis Maier wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> In the texts I'm currently typesetting, I occassionaly have to deal
>> with ISBNs. So, e.g. 978-3-123456-78-9
>>
>> \setbreakpoints[compound] does not enable automatic linebreaks after
>> or before the hyphens. Is there a way to deal with this? Perhaps
>> something similar like \hyphenatedurl{} or an extended version of
>> \setbreakpoints.
>>
>> (I currently use zero-width spaces, so I got rid of ISBNs in the
>> margins, but a more automatic solution would be great.)
>
> \unexpanded\def\isbnnumber#1%
>    {\cldcontext{string.gsub("#1","-","\\automaticdiscretionary")}}
>
> \hsize 1mm \isbnnumber{123-456}

Thanks.