* Suppress blank page in asymmetrical multicolumn layout
@ 2019-12-06 16:17 Thangalin
From: Thangalin @ 2019-12-06 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi there,

How do I suppress the blank page in the following document while
maintaining the asymmetrical multicolumn layout? The problem centres
around "page=yes," whereby removing it eliminates the blank page, but
then wreaks havoc on the document layout.

\definepapersize[BookPaperSize][width=24in, height=12in,]
\setuppapersize[BookPaperSize]

\definelayout[BookTextLayout][
  topspace=.5in,
  backspace=.5in,
  header=\zeropoint,
  footer=\zeropoint,
  grid=yes,
]
\setuplayout[BookTextLayout]

\definecolumnset[BookColumns][n=4,distance=.25in]
\setupcolumnset[BookColumns:1][width=11.75in]
\setupcolumnset[BookColumns:2][width=3.46in]
\setupcolumnset[BookColumns:3][width=3.46in]
\setupcolumnset[BookColumns:4][width=3.46in]

\setuphead[section][
  page=yes,
  beforesection={\startcolumnset[BookColumns]},
  aftersection={\stopcolumnset},
]

\setuphead[subsection][
  after={\column},
]

\setuphead[subsubsection][
  after={\blank[small]},
]

\starttext
\startsection[title={Section Title}]
\startsubsection[title={Subtitle}]
\dorecurse{2}{\input knuth}

\dorecurse{2}{%
  \startsubsubsection[title={Subsubtitle}]
    \dorecurse{1}{\input ward}
    \dorecurse{2}{\input lorem}
    \dorecurse{1}{\input bryson}
  \stopsubsubsection
}

\stopsubsection
\stopsection
\stoptext

Thank you!

* Re: Suppress blank page in asymmetrical multicolumn layout
@ 2019-12-06 16:26 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2019-12-06 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thangalin schrieb am 06.12.2019 um 17:17:
> Hi there,
>
> How do I suppress the blank page in the following document while
> maintaining the asymmetrical multicolumn layout? The problem centres
> around "page=yes," whereby removing it eliminates the blank page, but
> then wreaks havoc on the document layout.
>
> \definepapersize[BookPaperSize][width=24in, height=12in,]
> \setuppapersize[BookPaperSize]
>
> \definelayout[BookTextLayout][
>    topspace=.5in,
>    backspace=.5in,
>    header=\zeropoint,
>    footer=\zeropoint,
>    grid=yes,
> ]
> \setuplayout[BookTextLayout]
>
> \definecolumnset[BookColumns][n=4,distance=.25in]

Add "page=yes" to start each new columnset environment with a page break.

\definecolumnset [BookColumns] [n=4,distance=.25in,page=yes]

> \setupcolumnset[BookColumns:1][width=11.75in]
> \setupcolumnset[BookColumns:2][width=3.46in]
> \setupcolumnset[BookColumns:3][width=3.46in]
> \setupcolumnset[BookColumns:4][width=3.46in]
>
> \setuphead[section][
>    page=yes,

Remove the page break at the begin of each section because the break
happens after you start the columnset environment. The value of the
beforesection key is inserted before the values from other keys are used.

page=,

>    beforesection={\startcolumnset[BookColumns]},
>    aftersection={\stopcolumnset},
> ]

Wolfgang