* [NTG-context] upload
@ 2023-05-27 10:36 Hans Hagen via ntg-context
From: Hans Hagen via ntg-context @ 2023-05-27 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a new lmtx. Apart from the modules installer (that Hraban has
to check) and subtle improvements in math (we're now in tweaking
penalties mode) there are a few changes:

- The endstrut in framed got lost but is back again; there is now alao a
location=inline option.

- Single character math as in "text $x$ text" will from now on behave
kind of like "text~x$ text" but that ~ always felt kind of weird anyway.
Tests on large documents with plenty math and single char cases shows
that it works quite ok and in most cases the paragraph will have the
same number of lines (single char moves have little impact).

- The \lastlinefit (etec) feature is now controlled by the "fit" option
in \setupalign etc; i'm still pondering how to control the orphan
penalty feature that has been around for a while now but never really
configured) and if we should have a decent default for that (like
\orphanpenalties 2 150 100 ).

- Math formula number placement (as well as alignment sinside narrower)
has been made a bit more robust and we added some placement options that
will be discussed in the (by now 1739 page thick) upcoming math manual.
You really don't want to know how many combinations we had to check.

In an upcoming release there might also be some new text related
tweaking features as side effect of the math tweaks which leads to some
experiments with the par builder (so again we got sidetracked).

Hans

* [NTG-context] upload
@ 2024-02-14 12:44 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2024-02-14 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

as we're around texlive code freeze time we're also in upload mode

- i uploaded a new lmtx
- i also added linux and windows 32 bin (as it seems to have users)

- we're now using lua 5.5 which has one restriction (was already
announced a while ago):

for i=1,10 in t do
     i = 2 * i
end

should now be:

for i=1,10 in t do
     local i = 2 * i
end

as one cannot change the (local constant) i which actually is not that
different from what metapost does. The good news is that voilating this
is reported when a lua file is loaded so one can't get it unexspectedly.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl

* [NTG-context] upload
@ 2024-01-24 21:43 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2024-01-24 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a new lmts:

- important fix for empty page (pdf, recently introduced)
- win32 installer fix
- bsd installer fix

@ 2024-01-17 23:13 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2024-01-17 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a new version (there is some work in progress but it probably
doesn't affect anyone).

@ 2023-08-09 15:42 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2023-08-09 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a new lmtx. There are some new features that wil be revealed
in the future (likely after the meeting) but here is one:

\starttext

     \defineoverlay
       [test]
       [\color
          [blue]
          {TEST
           \inframed
             [foregroundcolor=red]
             {xxx}
           TEST}]

     \framed
       [background=test,
        foregroundstyle=\switchtobodyfont[small]]
       {test}

\stoptext

 From now on many commands accept (properly) nested [] inside commands
that use [] as fences (like the setup commands) where it makes sense. It
is up to the user to decide to use {} (as before) or not but it is less
error prone.

It is now also possible to nest setups as in

\starttext

\startsetups one
     \startsetups [three]
         HERE
     \stopsetups
\stopsetups

\startsetups two
     \startsetups [three]
         THERE
     \stopsetups
\stopsetups

\setups[one] \setups[three]

\setups[two] \setups[three]

\stoptext

As part of the ongoing improvements on math rendering we added some
classic lm/cm kerns (between upperacse and periods / commas) in the
goodie files.

Some lowlevel manuals have been extended, explaining experimental 'named
cross macro nesting parameter referencing' and 'constrained cq. retained
assignments', but that is only relevant for those interested in
overcoming some limitations in the traditional engines.

Hans

* [NTG-context] upload
@ 2023-05-05 17:02 Hans Hagen via ntg-context
From: Hans Hagen via ntg-context @ 2023-05-05 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a version that provides

   mtxrun --script install-tikz

that when run in the tex root (.../tex) will fetch some tikz stuff from
ctan and puts is in texmf-modules. After installing it wipes the files
that make no sense (or can interfere or might be harmful) but I didn't
check that extensively. Finally it remakes the file dastabase. I don't
know if more needs to be installed. It assumes curl to be present (as
library or binary). It's a rather stupid script but (I guess) good
enough for what it is supposed to do.

I can add more (like other modules) in which case it will be renamed.

Hans

* [NTG-context] upload
@ 2023-04-27 15:09 Hans Hagen via ntg-context
From: Hans Hagen via ntg-context @ 2023-04-27 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded the last of series 2.10.07 as prelude for bachotex. That one
also can do this:

\newfloat \MyFloat
\MyFloat \pfsin \floatexpr 1.25 * \pfpi \relax
\the\MyFloat

\the \pfsin \floatexpr 1.25 * \pfpi \relax

The syntax is like \numexpr and \dimexpr but the \pfsin (and other
functions) are (as usual with these things) not real primitives but
(\untraced) luacalls.

Of course it is all still somewhat experimental but likely to stay ...

Hans

* upload
@ 2023-04-11 21:02 Hans Hagen via ntg-context
From: Hans Hagen via ntg-context @ 2023-04-11 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just uploaded an update, the areas that were touched:

- math (font) improvements (with mikael, roadmap stuff, fixes, compact
mode testing)
- text (font) improvements (with mikael, side track of math)
- experimental stuff wrt project structure (with alan, complex huge
files; prelude to possible partial overhaul)
- some language details like labels (with tomas & students, ongoing)
- little thingies that probably no one will notice unless it's bugged

Hans