* Re: Problem with Quran KFGQPC Uthman Taha Naskh font
       [not found] <CAMHZ1dZG=ftVKpT13YCWQuT5DX5kVNJyieDdeP9WMyGY-HFWPw@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2016-04-29  3:01 ` Mohammad Hossein Bateni
From: Mohammad Hossein Bateni @ 2016-04-29  3:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Khaled Hosny,
	Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس
	سماوي حامد

The attachments in the email below were too big for the list (>100KB).  I
uploaded them here <http://mhbateni.com/context/bug-01/>.

@ 2016-04-29  8:42   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-04-29  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Khaled Hosny,
	Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس
	سماوي حامد

On 4/29/2016 5:01 AM, Mohammad Hossein Bateni wrote:
> The attachments in the email below were too big for the list (>100KB).
> I uploaded them here <http://mhbateni.com/context/bug-01/>.
>
> On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 10:20 PM, Mohammad Hossein Bateni
> <bateni@gmail.com <mailto:bateni@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I am not sure whether I'm missing certain features in the font
>     definition or whether there is actually some bug in how CONTEXT or
>     LuaTeX for that matter handles this font.  It might as well be that
>     there is something wrong with the font
>     <http://fonts.qurancomplex.gov.sa/?page_id=608>, though I doubt that.
>
>     Attached is my simple test program and the PDF output, which is
>     annotated to show the problems.  You can compare with the reference
>     PNG file I generated via rendering in Chrome.  I hope you can see
>     the annotations where I have pointed out the incorrect typesetting,
>     otherwise you can compare the two outputs to notice the difference:
>     for the most part, some diacritics that are not placed in the right
>     location (both vertically and horizontally).
>
>     I am using Mac OS X with CONTEXT current version: 2016.04.13 16:46.

can you check the context + beta from the contextgarden?

* Re: Problem with Quran KFGQPC Uthman Taha Naskh font
@ 2016-04-29  9:52     ` Mohammad Hossein Bateni
From: Mohammad Hossein Bateni @ 2016-04-29  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Khaled Hosny,
	Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس
	سماوي حامد

Thanks, Hans!  The problem is *almost* fixed in the latest beta, version:
2016.04.27 10:18.  I didn't think something had changed in the past two
weeks; that's why I hadn't tried with the latest version.

There is only one word where I notice bad placement of diacritics when
using CONTEXT.  Compare this
<http://mhbateni.com/context/bug-01/word-context.png> and this
<http://mhbateni.com/context/bug-01/word-chrome.png>.

BTW context gave the following "warning" about not being able to access the
data.  Is that because it was the first run of a new installation?

system          > lua > compiling
> '/Users/bateni/context.newest/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/5fe67e0bfe781ce0dde776fb1556f32e/fonts/data/names.tma'
> into
> '/Users/bateni/context.newest/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/5fe67e0bfe781ce0dde776fb1556f32e/fonts/data/names.tmc'
> system          > lua > dumping
> '/Users/bateni/context.newest/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/5fe67e0bfe781ce0dde776fb1556f32e/fonts/data/names.tma'
> into
> '/Users/bateni/context.newest/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/5fe67e0bfe781ce0dde776fb1556f32e/fonts/data/names.tmc'
> stripped
> fonts           > names > accessing the data table failed

—MHB

@ 2016-04-29 10:00       ` Mohammad Hossein Bateni
From: Mohammad Hossein Bateni @ 2016-04-29 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Khaled Hosny,
	Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس
	سماوي حامد

Actually the MWE may help:

\usemodule[simplefonts]
\setmainfont[KFGQPC Uthman Taha Naskh][features=arabic,range=arabic]
\setcharacterstripping[1]

\setupdirections[bidi=on,method=one]
\setupalign[r2l]

\starttext
\tfb

الْحَمْدُ

\stoptext

—MHB

@ 2016-04-30 17:06         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-04-30 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 4/29/2016 12:00 PM, Mohammad Hossein Bateni wrote:
> Actually the MWE may help:
>
> \usemodule[simplefonts]
> \setmainfont[KFGQPC Uthman Taha Naskh][features=arabic,range=arabic]
> \setcharacterstripping[1]
>
> \setupdirections[bidi=on,method=one]
> \setupalign[r2l]
>
> \starttext
> \tfb
>
> الْحَمْدُ
>
> \stoptext

i made a fix but as i'm on a very slow line i'm not sure when an update
is on the garden

Hans