* 6 ways to ask for Times-Roman. Are they the same?
@ 2004-03-23  8:12 Stefan Wachter
From: Stefan Wachter @ 2004-03-23  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all.

Studying the pdftex.map file I found the following 6 TeX fonts that are
used for Times-Roman:

ptmr8y, ptmr8r, rptmr, rtxptmr, tir and tmrm108r.

In the "no download" version of the map file, all these TeX fonts are
mapped into Times-Roman. In the "download" the font utmr8a.pfb is
embedded for them.

Are they the same? Is there a preferrable one? What role does the
encoding play here?

Many thanks for your attention,
--Stefan

PS (Background): I try to write a type script for using the 14 base PDF
fonts.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-03-23  8:12 UTC | newest]