* copy & paste source code from documents
@ 2016-11-26  6:52 Tobias Berndt
From: Tobias Berndt @ 2016-11-26  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear List,

currently, I have to compose technical documents with a lot of source code in it. There're readers demands for a way to copy&paste this source code directly from those documents into their terminals. I tried ConTeXt’s attachment functionality, it is … ok. But most people don’t like files attatched to PDFs. Moreover, they must open it in an editor before getting contents in terminals. So,

is there any possibility in ConTeXt/Lua a document reader can click on a source code statement and the content of an external file (the plain code, without any typesetting) will be loaded into the clipboard, so that they can paste this plain source code into their terminal programs to use it directly?

Any help is welcome,
Tobias

* Re: copy & paste source code from documents
@ 2016-11-26 10:40 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-11-26 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 11/26/2016 7:52 AM, Tobias Berndt wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> currently, I have to compose technical documents with a lot of source code in it. There're readers demands for a way to copy&paste this source code directly from those documents into their terminals. I tried ConTeXt’s attachment functionality, it is … ok. But most people don’t like files attatched to PDFs. Moreover, they must open it in an editor before getting contents in terminals. So,

normally a viewer is quite restricted out of security reasons

> is there any possibility in ConTeXt/Lua a document reader can click on a source code statement and the content of an external file (the plain code, without any typesetting) will be loaded into the clipboard, so that they can paste this plain source code into their terminal programs to use it directly?

here is an option (the last examples need an upcoming beta as i added
better space support for verbatim comments)

\setupinteraction[state=start]

\starttext

\startbuffer[a]
for i=1,10 do
     print(i)
end
\stopbuffer

\typebuffer[a]

currently: \comment{\cldcontext{buffers.getcontent("a")}}

\blank

hacked: \comment{\cldcontext{string.gsub(buffers.getcontent("a"),
     "\string\r","\string\n")}}

\blank

new, space honored, still hack:
\comment[space=yes]{\cldcontext{string.gsub(buffers.getcontent("a"),
     "\string\r","\string\n")}}

\blank

new, buffer honored: \comment[buffer=a]{}

\blank

idem: \comment[space=yes,buffer=a]{}

\stoptext

\definefallbackfamily[mainface][serif][texgyrepagella]
\definefontfamily[mainface][sans][texgyrepagella]
\setupbodyfont[mainface]

\starttext

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

[-- Attachment #2: oeps.pdf --]

* Re: copy & paste source code from documents
@ 2016-11-26 12:38   ` Tobias Berndt
From: Tobias Berndt @ 2016-11-26 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks a lot, Hans,

until the upcoming beta, I like the „hacked“ version. This will be an advantage to our customers, I beliefe.

GREAT!