* Hyperref-style borders around clickable links
@ 2020-10-08  8:34 Denis Maier
From: Denis Maier @ 2020-10-08  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

I prefer links to be styled as normal text, but I'd nevertheless to
highlight them somehow on screen. The LaTeX package Hyperref adds red
frames to clickable content. Is something like that possible with ConTeXt?

Best,
Denis

* Re: Hyperref-style borders around clickable links
@ 2020-10-08  8:41 ` Denis Maier
From: Denis Maier @ 2020-10-08  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Ok, found a (partial) solution myself in Pablo's question from yesterday...

     \setupinteraction[state=start]
     \enabledirectives[references.border]

does that. But how do I configure the borders? Color? Style and so?
Couldn't find anything on the Wiki.

Best,
Denis

@ 2020-10-08  9:36   ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2020-10-08  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 08.10.2020 um 10:41 schrieb Denis Maier <denismaier@mailbox.org>:
>
> Ok, found a (partial) solution myself in Pablo's question from yesterday...
>
>     \setupinteraction[state=start]
>     \enabledirectives[references.border]
>
> does that. But how do I configure the borders? Color? Style and so? Couldn't find anything on the Wiki.

\setupinteraction[color=,contrastcolor=,]
lets all links use the basic text color (usually black).
You can also set the style.

The frames are meant for debugging, probably you can redefine the color; ATM I’m not patient enough for searching the sources for this (and Wolfgang probably knows it from heart anyway).

Hraban

* Re: Hyperref-style borders around clickable links
@ 2020-10-08  9:40     ` Denis Maier
       [not found]       ` <5D62595A-F06E-4610-B0CA-35338C7900EA@fiee.net>
From: Denis Maier @ 2020-10-08  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 08.10.2020 um 11:36 schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm:
>> Am 08.10.2020 um 10:41 schrieb Denis Maier <denismaier@mailbox.org>:
>>
>> Ok, found a (partial) solution myself in Pablo's question from yesterday...
>>
>>      \setupinteraction[state=start]
>>      \enabledirectives[references.border]
>>
>> does that. But how do I configure the borders? Color? Style and so? Couldn't find anything on the Wiki.
> \setupinteraction[color=,contrastcolor=,]
> lets all links use the basic text color (usually black).
> You can also set the style.
Yep, I have that already in my settings.

> The frames are meant for debugging, probably you can redefine the color;
So, you would advice against using these frames?

@ 2020-10-08 10:03         ` Denis Maier
From: Denis Maier @ 2020-10-08 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 08.10.2020 um 11:49 schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm:

>>> The frames are meant for debugging, probably you can redefine the color;
>> So, you would advice against using these frames?
> I thought it might have side effects.
Does anyone know?

> But I found in the ML archive:
> \enabledirectives[references.border=red]
Thanks., I'll try with this.

> And that this is PDF (viewer) styling, not TeX/MP, so there’s probably no further interface, even if it’s possible to set several properties of link borders in e.g. Acrobat.
Anyplace where I can find out more about this?

@ 2020-10-08 14:40       ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2020-10-08 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 10/8/20 11:40 AM, Denis Maier wrote:
> Am 08.10.2020 um 11:36 schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm:
>>> Am 08.10.2020 um 10:41 schrieb Denis Maier <denismaier@mailbox.org>:
>>>
>>> Ok, found a (partial) solution myself in Pablo's question from yesterday...
>>>
>>>      \setupinteraction[state=start]
>>>      \enabledirectives[references.border]
>>>
>>> does that. But how do I configure the borders? Color? Style and so? Couldn't find anything on the Wiki.
>> \setupinteraction[color=,contrastcolor=,]
>> lets all links use the basic text color (usually black).
>> You can also set the style.
> Yep, I have that already in my settings.
>>
>> The frames are meant for debugging, probably you can redefine the color;
> So, you would advice against using these frames?

Sorry, Hraban, these link rectangles are always there. Otherwise there
would be no link annotations.

What "\enabledirectives[references.border]" is width to border and color
(so they can be displayed).

See
https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/pdf/PDF32000_2008.pdf#nameddest=G11.1951136.

Just in case it helps,

Paboo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: Hyperref-style borders around clickable links
@ 2020-10-08 14:46           ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2020-10-08 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 10/8/20 12:03 PM, Denis Maier wrote:
> Am 08.10.2020 um 11:49 schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm:
>> [...]
>> And that this is PDF (viewer) styling, not TeX/MP, so there’s
>> probably no further interface, even if it’s possible to set several
>> properties of link borders in e.g. Acrobat.
>
> Anyplace where I can find out more about this?
Hi Denis,

the PDF reference
(https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/pdf/PDF32000_2008.pdf#nameddest=G11.1696585)
contains the information about border styles (also for link annotations).

But ConTeXt hasn’t those styles implemented.

Just in case it helps,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk