On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 6:10 PM, Mojca Miklavec < mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com> wrote: > > Apart from that you need to submit translation for your language (see > lang-ger.tex and lang-bal.tex), or at least that would be very nice. > Some settings there are necessary if you want to enable the extra > patterns. There are some more things to be done, but you may start by > translating the strings and filling other holes in lang-bal.tex. > To do it I need to understand what all these parameters mean. \installlanguage [..1.] [..,.=2.,..] 1 IDENTIFIER 2 spacing = packed broad lefthyphenmin = NUMBER righthyphenmin = NUMBER state = start stop leftsentence = COMMAND rightsentence = COMMAND leftsubsentence = COMMAND rightsubsentence = COMMAND leftquote = COMMAND rightquote = COMMAND leftquotation = COMMAND rightquotation = COMMAND leftspeech = COMMAND middlespeech = COMMAND rightspeech = COMMAND limittext = TEXT date = TEXT compoundhyphen = COMMAND leftcompoundhyphen = COMMAND rightcompoundhyphen = COMMAND default = IDENTIFIER What is the difference between quote and quotation? I always use double quote, like this: „example“ Next, I need to know there all strings, which I translate, will be used. Maybe, there is an example document with all english strings used. For example: Figure 1: Caption of the figure 1 pav. Caption of the figure Table 1: Caption of the table 1 lentelė. Caption of the table In a table of contents and in section names there must be period after number: 1. Name 1.1. Name2 1.1.2. Name3 exept: Chapter 1 1 skyrius > The main question is: do you need them only for MKIV/XeTeX or do you > also want them for MKII? In the latter case you'll have quite some > problems with encoding (that is: missing support for it in fonts). > > In MKIV & XeTeX it should be no problem. > I use utf8 and MKIV. > Mojca > >