* double-sided page number placement
@ 2021-07-11 15:07 Charles Doherty
From: Charles Doherty @ 2021-07-11 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Hans,

The following file:

\setuplayout[location=doublesided]
\setuppagenumbering[location=inmargin,alternative=doublesided]

\starttext
\dorecurse{20}{\input knuth }
\stoptext

using:
> ConTeXt  ver: 2021.04.21 11:39 LMTX  fmt: 2021.7.11  int: english/english

the left page of the double spread places the page number on the right margin of the page and in the right page it is placed on the right margin

using:
> ConTeXt  ver: 2019.06.20 18:47 MKIV beta  fmt: 2019.6.23  int: english/english

the left page of the double spread places the page number on the left margin of the page and in the right page it is placed on the right margin. This is what I would like to get in LMTX as well. Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks,
Charlie

* Re: double-sided page number placement
@ 2021-07-12  5:20 ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2021-07-12  5:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 7/11/21 5:07 PM, Charles Doherty wrote:
> [...]
> the left page of the double spread places the page number on the left
> margin of the page and in the right page it is placed on the right
> margin. This is what I would like to get in LMTX as well. Am I doing
> something wrong here?

Hi Charles,

I think that "inright" is what you want:

  \setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided,
      location=inright]

  \starttext
  \dorecurse{20}{\input knuth }
  \stoptext

With current latest from 2021.07.10 21:51, "location=inright" behaves as
you expect using LMTX.

Using MKIV with the current latest, there is no difference between
"location=inright" and "location=inmargin".

I don’t know whether this is intended or not.

I hope it might help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: double-sided page number placement
@ 2021-07-12 10:48   ` Charles Doherty
From: Charles Doherty @ 2021-07-12 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Pablo,

As you suggested location=inright works for me using LMTX

Hans sent me:

can you put this in cont-new.mkxl and test it with options

\unprotect

\def\page_layouts_place_text_line_left
 {\hpack
    {\ifdim\leftedgewidth>\zeropoint
\page_layouts_left_edge_element\c!righttext\c!rightstyle\c!rightcolor\c!rightwidth
     \fi
     \ifdim\leftmarginwidth>\zeropoint
\page_layouts_left_margin_element\c!righttext\c!rightstyle\c!rightcolor\c!rightwidth\plusone
     \fi
     \ifdim\makeupwidth>\zeropoint
       \page_layouts_text_body_element_e_r_m_l
     \fi
     \ifdim\rightmarginwidth>\zeropoint
\page_layouts_right_margin_element\c!lefttext\c!leftstyle\c!leftcolor\c!leftwidth\zerocount
     \fi
     \ifdim\rightedgewidth>\zeropoint
\page_layouts_right_edge_element\c!lefttext\c!leftstyle\c!leftcolor\c!leftwidth
     \fi}}

\protect

 With this both   inright  and  inmargin work in LMTX and MKIV

So everything is working for me now.

Thank you for taking the time,
Charlie

> On 12 Jul 2021, at 06:20, Pablo Rodriguez <oinos@gmx.es> wrote:
>
> On 7/11/21 5:07 PM, Charles Doherty wrote:
>> [...]
>> the left page of the double spread places the page number on the left
>> margin of the page and in the right page it is placed on the right
>> margin. This is what I would like to get in LMTX as well. Am I doing
>> something wrong here?
>
> Hi Charles,
>
> I think that "inright" is what you want:
>
>  \setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided,
>      location=inright]
>
>  \starttext
>  \dorecurse{20}{\input knuth }
>  \stoptext
>
> With current latest from 2021.07.10 21:51, "location=inright" behaves as
> you expect using LMTX.
>
> Using MKIV with the current latest, there is no difference between
> "location=inright" and "location=inmargin".
>
> I don’t know whether this is intended or not.
>
> I hope it might help,
>
> Pablo
> --
> http://www.ousia.tk

*******************************
CHARLES DOHERTY
13 BANCROFT ROAD
TALLAGHT
DUBLIN
D24 YH2V
home: +353 1 2447483
Mobile: +353 863868629
charles.doherty@icloud.com

* Re: double-sided page number placement
@ 2021-07-12 16:51   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2021-07-12 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 7/12/2021 7:20 AM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> On 7/11/21 5:07 PM, Charles Doherty wrote:
>> [...]
>> the left page of the double spread places the page number on the left
>> margin of the page and in the right page it is placed on the right
>> margin. This is what I would like to get in LMTX as well. Am I doing
>> something wrong here?
>
> Hi Charles,
>
> I think that "inright" is what you want:
>
>    \setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided,
>        location=inright]
>
>    \starttext
>    \dorecurse{20}{\input knuth }
>    \stoptext
>
> With current latest from 2021.07.10 21:51, "location=inright" behaves as
> you expect using LMTX.
>
> Using MKIV with the current latest, there is no difference between
> "location=inright" and "location=inmargin".
>
> I don’t know whether this is intended or not.
>
> I hope it might help,
the next version fixes it (the lmtx code is somewhat redone / modern)