* [OT] TeXShop v4.66 adds support for new ConTeXt's syncing method
@ 2021-07-08 16:35 Nicola
From: Nicola @ 2021-07-08 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

For those who are interested, the latest TeXShop release provides
support for ConTeXt's own syncing method (by invoking mtxrun --script
synctex). This supersedes the old syncing method based on Laurens'
SyncTeX, which should not be used any more.

I have brought TeXShop's page in the wiki up to date (I haven't touched
what are currently §1.4 and §1.5), with instructions to get
synchronisation to work:

    https://wiki.contextgarden.net/TeXShop

Make sure to read it carefully!

I have tested the feature for some time now, and I'd say that it works
pretty well (with some caveats, which I have annotated in the wiki).

I take the opportunity to thank Hans for being so responsive with the
changes in mtxrun necessary to provide this feature, and for patiently
bear with my sometimes unclear requests or feedback.

Kudos also to Richard Koch (TeXShop's author) for his relentless support
of the macOS TeX community and, in this case, of the ConTeXt community!

Happy ConTeXt'ing!
Nicola