From: "Jörg Hagmann" <joerg.hagmann@unibas.ch>
Subject: Re: I need some advices/guidelines before start writing	my PhD thesis
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 13:22:37 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Alex,

I am in a similar situation, just a few months ahead of you. I am
writing a textbook and decided to do that in Context, without having
had any experience with TeX or LaTeX.
So far, I am pleased with my decision (my experience covers figures,
math, tables, footnotes, text and figures in margin - a lot of it
default stuff - but not yet bibliography, index, fonts (except greek)
and table of contents).
The discussion group helped me when necessary and politely ignored some
premature idiotic questions. However, the level of the discussions is
way above my head, and I at times get the feeling of being an obnoxious
intruder.
The most important thing: it is fun and often a welcome change from
writing. It reminds me of old-style photography, where you exposed the
film and then had to wait, wondering whether the picture would come out
as hoped or not. But if one doesn't like that, the effort is probably
too much for a PhD thesis.
Cheers, Jörg.

Prof. Dr.med. Jörg Hagmann-Zanolari
Institute of Biochemistry and Genetics