* conTeXt distros on MACOSX
@ 2005-11-08  9:59 andrea valle
From: andrea valle @ 2005-11-08  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

(This derives form the thread about metafun.mem)

As I have used till now only texshop, I  was going to try the distro
form pragma-ade. I downloaded it but I do not know what to do. As they
are binaries I supposed I have not to compile anything. Should I simply
put the folder in the right place? The Readme is quite vague.

I put it in usr/local, tried to run from terminal the texexec bin but
obtained:

apples-Computer:/ apple$ /usr/local/tex/texmf-macosx/bin/texexec --h
/usr/local/tex/texmf-macosx/bin/texexec: line 2: texmfstart: command
not found

What have I to do to use the most recent distro from pragma?

More, I really cannot understand what's going on when I invoke "typeset
context" form inside TeXShop. Luckily, something happens and I have my
nice pdfs.

This is default engine as stated by TeXShop.
/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current

If I go there, I find many binaries, and there's  a texexec. If I
invoke it directly form terminal I obtain:

apples-Computer:/ apple$
/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin6.8/texexec -h
`texexec.pl' not found.

If I invoke texexec from terminal, default is located in sw/bin. It's
3.1 version:

apples-Computer:/ apple$ which texexec
/sw/bin/texexec
apples-Computer:/ apple$ texexec -h

  TeXExec 3.1 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2002

(I know virtually nothing of bash, I grabbed some commands here and
there)

I'm getting a bit depressed...

-a-