Hans van der Meer via ntg-context schrieb am 26.05.2023 um 21:38: > Calling "\bf\tfa  TEXT" for example leaves the TEXT not in bold > because \tfa does not respect the current style. As does \small, etc. > Shown by looking at the meaning of for example \small: > > \small=protected macro:\triggergroupedcommand {\setsmallbodyfont \tf } > > and > > \tx=protected macro:\currentxfontsize \plusone \ifmmode \scriptstyle > \orelse \ifconditional \c_font_inherit_scale \font_scale_inherit_x > \else \font_scale_defined_x \fi \al­ ways\let \tx \txx > > Thus in contrast \tx and \txx do respect the current style setting. > > My question: It seems most convenient if I could retrieve the current > style and reset that after a size command. I rather would refrain from > tinkering with those. Since there is a \currentxfontsize is there an > analogue for the style? > \tf is the switch for the normal upright style and when you have \bf\tfa the first font switch is just replaced by the second switch. To get a larger text in bold style you can use \bfa. \starttext text {\tfa\bf text} text text {\bfa text} text \stoptext Wolfgang