* install.sh not working on Linux (Ubuntu 20.04)?
@ 2020-11-06 15:49 Jairo A. del Rio
From: Jairo A. del Rio @ 2020-11-06 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everybody.

Is anyone else having problems with recent ConTeXt updates on Linux? Since
last month, install.sh isn't doing anything. However, when I go to Pragma
ADE's website, I can download newer releases and they work fine (e.g.
--permitloadlib works now). I'm not so picky about manual downloads, but I
think install.sh is (or was) quite better. I'm on Ubuntu 20.04, in case it
helps. Thank you very much.

Regards,

Jairo :)

* Re: install.sh not working on Linux (Ubuntu 20.04)?
@ 2020-11-06 16:14 ` Floris van Manen
From: Floris van Manen @ 2020-11-06 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 06/11/2020 16:49, Jairo A. del Rio wrote:
> Is anyone else having problems with recent ConTeXt updates on Linux?
> Since last month, install.sh isn't doing anything. However, when I go to
> Pragma ADE's website, I can download newer releases and they work fine
> (e.g. --permitloadlib works now). I'm not so picky about manual
> downloads, but I think install.sh is (or was) quite better. I'm on
> Ubuntu 20.04, in case it helps. Thank you very much.

yes I had a similar experience.
After downloading a fresh install.sh new updates became available again.
(Pop!OS 20.10)

.F

* Re: install.sh not working on Linux (Ubuntu 20.04)?
@ 2020-11-06 17:55   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2020-11-06 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 11/6/20 5:14 PM, Floris van Manen wrote:
> On 06/11/2020 16:49, Jairo A. del Rio wrote:
>> Is anyone else having problems with recent ConTeXt updates on Linux?
>> Since last month, install.sh isn't doing anything. However, when I go to
>> Pragma ADE's website, I can download newer releases and they work fine
>> (e.g. --permitloadlib works now). I'm not so picky about manual
>> downloads, but I think install.sh is (or was) quite better. I'm on
>> Ubuntu 20.04, in case it helps. Thank you very much.
>
> yes I had a similar experience.
> After downloading a fresh install.sh new updates became available again.
> (Pop!OS 20.10)

Hi Jairo and Floris,

I reported a similar issue some days ago.

I think I have solved it (no extensive checking yet) by deleting the
three texmf*.tma files on the tex/ directory.

If you still have a copy of your older installation, you may try this
(but please make a backup of the older installation first).

Just in case it might help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: install.sh not working on Linux (Ubuntu 20.04)?
@ 2020-12-01 14:14     ` Floris van Manen
From: Floris van Manen @ 2020-12-01 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 06/11/2020 18:55, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> I reported a similar issue some days ago.
>
> I think I have solved it (no extensive checking yet) by deleting the
> three texmf*.tma files on the tex/ directory.
>
> If you still have a copy of your older installation, you may try this
> (but please make a backup of the older installation first).
>
> Just in case it might help,

The deleting of those tma files is part of my update script already.
But at that moment starting with a fresh empty context folder seemed to
work only.
No issues as yet.

.F