* Lots of problems in mkiv
@ 2009-06-18 16:09 richard.stephens
From: richard.stephens @ 2009-06-18 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I've recently started using mkiv because of the fonts, but I have found
lots of things that don't work.
The trouble is, I don't know if it's just me, or whether I need to go back
to mkii until things settle down.

Can someone, PLEASE, tell me if they get any of the following problems with
mkiv (I've included code snippets):
Everything below works perfectly in mkii.

1) References to equations appear as '??' in the final document

\placeformula[eq:pythag]
\startformula
    a^2 = b^2 + c^2
\stopformula
Pythagoras proposed \in{equation}[eq:pythag].

2) References to footnotes appear as '??' inside
\startlocalfootnotes...\stoplocalfootnotes

\startlocalfootnotes
This has a note.\footnote[fn]{Footnote.}
See note \note[fn].
\stoplocalfootnotes

3) References to sections are repeated (e.g. reference to section 1 appears
as '11' or ref to section 1.1 appears as '1.11.1')

\section[sec:one]{Section one}
It was in \in{section}[sec:one].

4) \digits command falls over at periods or commas with "\textfont1 is
undefined (character 58)."

\digits{1.6}

5) \infull command does not work for abbreviations: falls over with
"Missing } inserted."

\abbreviation {KF} {Kalman filter}
Rudolph Kalman invented the \infull{KF}.

Please help!!

Richard

Converteam UK Ltd. Registration Number: 5571739 and Converteam Ltd. Registration Number: 2416188
Registered in England and Wales.
Registered office: Boughton Road, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 1BU.

CONFIDENTIALITY : This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.

* Re: Lots of problems in mkiv
@ 2009-06-18 20:17 ` Thomas Floeren
From: Thomas Floeren @ 2009-06-18 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

2009/6/18, richard.stephens@converteam.com <richard.stephens@converteam.com>:

> I've recently started using mkiv because of the fonts, but I have found
> lots of things that don't work.
> The trouble is, I don't know if it's just me, or whether I need to go back
> to mkii until things settle down.
>
> Can someone, PLEASE, tell me if they get any of the following problems with
> mkiv (I've included code snippets):
> Everything below works perfectly in mkii.
>
> 1) References to equations appear as '??' in the final document
>
> \placeformula[eq:pythag]
> \startformula
>     a^2 = b^2 + c^2
> \stopformula
> Pythagoras proposed \in{equation}[eq:pythag].
>

> 2) References to footnotes appear as '??' inside
> \startlocalfootnotes...\stoplocalfootnotes
>
> \startlocalfootnotes
> This has a note.\footnote[fn]{Footnote.}
> See note \note[fn].
> \stoplocalfootnotes
>
> 3) References to sections are repeated (e.g. reference to section 1 appears
> as '11' or ref to section 1.1 appears as '1.11.1')
>
> \section[sec:one]{Section one}
> It was in \in{section}[sec:one].
>
> 4) \digits command falls over at periods or commas with "\textfont1 is
> undefined (character 58)."
>
> \digits{1.6}
>
> 5) \infull command does not work for abbreviations: falls over with
> "Missing } inserted."
>
> \abbreviation {KF} {Kalman filter}
> Rudolph Kalman invented the \infull{KF}.
>

> Please help!!
>
> Richard

Same thing here with 1,3,4,5.
2 works fine.

I've noticed also 3 problems since I switched to MKIV:

a) Floatcaptions are no longer placed:

\externalfigure[dummy]
\placefloatcaption[figure]{blabla}

b) \start...\stopregister results in an error:

hmmpf\startregister[index][identifier]{Hmmpf}\page[yes]
\dorecurse{2}{hmmpf\page[yes]}
hmmpf\stopregister[index][identifier]\page[yes]
\placeregister[index][compress=no]

c) I'm not able to build caption numbers with the chapter number as prefix:
I want for example "Fig. 2.6" where "2" is the chapter number and "6"
the figure number by chapter. I tried all the options I found for
setupcaptions (at least I think so), but I dont get the chapter number
in the caption.

LuaTeX, Version beta-0.40.5-2009061123 (Web2C 2009)
ConTeXt  ver: 2009.06.14 21:01 MKIV  fmt: 2009.6.18

Thanks in advance for any hint

Greetings
Tom