From: Piotr Kopszak <kopszak@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: TexPaste alpha - my Win application converting Word/HTML to TeX
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 11:37:41 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello list,

Inevitably, it's a recurring subject. Here are my 2p. After playing
with all sorts of convertors to TeX, Latex, HTML and scraping the
output with Perl to obtain something useful for ConTeXt I found that
what I in fact really need to preserve from a Word file are italics
and footnotes. To make the long story short. IMHO the only reasonable
way to go is via XSL stylesheet for ooffice. Fortunately you don't
have to develop a new one from scratch which would be quite a task.
There is an excellent stylesheet converting odt to mediawiki by
Bernhard Haumacher odt2mediawiki.xsl  It took me less than an hour to
adapt it for ConTeXt output. Then you only add it as an xml filter to
Open Office and from then on can convert Word to ConTeXt straight from
ooffice as if it was one of its built-in export formats.

Piotr

http://okle.pl