* Russia (cyrillic letters)
@ 2005-01-22 19:41 Mikael Persson
From: Mikael Persson @ 2005-01-22 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello everybody.

I am looking for a way of writing some home exercises in my Russian
course in ConTeXt. However, so far I have not succeed with it. Should
it work out of the box without installing any new fonts (I am having
the fonts from a full install of TeXLive2003 now)? I have looked a bit
in the source files for context, but with no luck.

I guess there are different ways to achieve this, however, since I
also want some swedish text in the same documents, the best would
probably be if one of the following options worked:

1) Typing everything in utf8, and get the different languages
automatically when compiling.
2) Typing everything with western letters, having some kind of
\startrussia Boris \stoprussia and get Boris typeset with Cyrillic
letters.

Any tips/hints are welcome,

Best regards,

Micke P

* Re: Russia (cyrillic letters)
@ 2005-01-23 21:47 ` h h extern
From: h h extern @ 2005-01-23 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mikael Persson wrote:

> I am looking for a way of writing some home exercises in my Russian
> course in ConTeXt. However, so far I have not succeed with it. Should
> it work out of the box without installing any new fonts (I am having
> the fonts from a full install of TeXLive2003 now)? I have looked a bit
> in the source files for context, but with no luck.

well, i just took a look in the latest tex tree, and i cannot find a trace of
the russian fonts that are defined in abundance in context's type-enc.tex; one
problem with russian is that nobody seems to be responsible to get all the right
stuff on tex live;

Based on the definitions, the following should work (and is reported to work):

\starttext

\definetypeface [latin]
   [rm] [serif] [latin-modern] [default] [encoding=texnansi]

\definetypeface [russian]
   [rm] [serif] [computer-modern] [default] [encoding=cyr] % t2a

\latin   \dostepwiserecurse{`a}{`z}{1}{\char\recurselevel} \endgraf
\russian \dostepwiserecurse{`a}{`z}{1}{\char\recurselevel} \endgraf

\stoptext

In order to get it working i suggest those using russian to do the following:

- determine what encodings are *really* in use
- collect the tfm/vf/pfb files that are needed to get that done
- build me the right map files

(i probably involves some fonts from cmsuper; so ... what is the reasonable
subset that we need; if needed we can stick to a few reasonable sized (as we do
with greek); it's mostly the math that is sensitive to design sizes)

we can then make a proper subset for (1) tex live and (2) the minimal context
distribution; even better would be to have those glyohs needed to be added to
the latin modern fonts [i can look into that later]

> I guess there are different ways to achieve this, however, since I
> also want some swedish text in the same documents, the best would
> probably be if one of the following options worked:

the simpliest is to switch font and language at the same time (but i cannot test
anything if i have no fonts running on my sytstem]

> 1) Typing everything in utf8, and get the different languages
> automatically when compiling.

currently the utf handler does not change fonts, but since language switches are
to be given anyway, it can be hooked into the language handler if needed

> 2) Typing everything with western letters, having some kind of
> \startrussia Boris \stoprussia and get Boris typeset with Cyrillic
> letters.

Just language+font switches using the typeface macros.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Russia (cyrillic letters)
@ 2005-01-25  7:13   ` Mikael Persson
From: Mikael Persson @ 2005-01-25  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 22:47:57 +0100, h h extern <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
> Mikael Persson wrote:
>
> > I am looking for a way of writing some home exercises in my Russian
> > course in ConTeXt. However, so far I have not succeed with it. Should
> > it work out of the box without installing any new fonts (I am having
> > the fonts from a full install of TeXLive2003 now)? I have looked a bit
> > in the source files for context, but with no luck.
>
> well, i just took a look in the latest tex tree, and i cannot find a trace of
> the russian fonts that are defined in abundance in context's type-enc.tex; one
> problem with russian is that nobody seems to be responsible to get all the right
> stuff on tex live;
>
> Based on the definitions, the following should work (and is reported to work):
>
> \starttext
>
> \definetypeface [latin]
>    [rm] [serif] [latin-modern] [default] [encoding=texnansi]
>
> \definetypeface [russian]
>    [rm] [serif] [computer-modern] [default] [encoding=cyr] % t2a
>
> \latin   \dostepwiserecurse{`a}{`z}{1}{\char\recurselevel} \endgraf
> \russian \dostepwiserecurse{`a}{`z}{1}{\char\recurselevel} \endgraf
>
> \stoptext

Hello, and thank you for your answer. However this small test file
does not work here. Not in TeXLive2003 or with a fresh install of
TeXLive2004. If I run it as it is, I get the bluesky cmr12 and cmr10.
If cyr is changed to t2a, then it does not run anymore. It complains
about larm1000 not found. I guess this is the cm-super files. In
type-enc.tex there is a line
  \definefontsynonym [cmr10]    [larm1000]   [encoding=t2a]
and I have the cm-super fonts installed, however no file called
larm1000.tfm. In cm-super-t2a.map I see:

larm1000 SFRM1000 "T2AEncoding ReEncodeFont" <cm-super-t2a.enc <sfrm1000.pfb

and I got sfrm1000.pfb and cm-super-t2a.enc files... So, in order to
have the cm-super fonts working, do I have to generate some files or
do something more?

> In order to get it working i suggest those using russian to do the following:
>
> - determine what encodings are *really* in use

This, I shall ask one russian guy I know.

> - collect the tfm/vf/pfb files that are needed to get that done
> - build me the right map files
>
> (i probably involves some fonts from cmsuper; so ... what is the reasonable
> subset that we need; if needed we can stick to a few reasonable sized (as we do
> with greek); it's mostly the math that is sensitive to design sizes)
>
> we can then make a proper subset for (1) tex live and (2) the minimal context
> distribution; even better would be to have those glyohs needed to be added to
> the latin modern fonts [i can look into that later]

That sounds great!

> > I guess there are different ways to achieve this, however, since I
> > also want some swedish text in the same documents, the best would
> > probably be if one of the following options worked:
>
> the simpliest is to switch font and language at the same time (but i cannot test
> anything if i have no fonts running on my sytstem]
>
> > 1) Typing everything in utf8, and get the different languages
> > automatically when compiling.
>
> currently the utf handler does not change fonts, but since language switches are
> to be given anyway, it can be hooked into the language handler if needed
>
> > 2) Typing everything with western letters, having some kind of
> > \startrussia Boris \stoprussia and get Boris typeset with Cyrillic
> > letters.
>
> Just language+font switches using the typeface macros.
>
> Hans

OK, thank you for clarifying this.

Best Regards, Micke P

* Re: Russia (cyrillic letters)
@ 2005-01-25 15:10     ` h h extern
From: h h extern @ 2005-01-25 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mikael Persson wrote:

> larm1000 SFRM1000 "T2AEncoding ReEncodeFont" <cm-super-t2a.enc <sfrm1000.pfb
>
> and I got sfrm1000.pfb and cm-super-t2a.enc files... So, in order to
> have the cm-super fonts working, do I have to generate some files or
> do something more?

you need tfm (larm1000.tfm) files but i dunno where to find them, maybe in some
cmsuper zip

> This, I shall ask one russian guy I know.

good, we can repackage the tfm's if needed; (i'm surprised how often fonts /
names / etc change)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Russia (cyrillic letters)
@ 2005-01-25 18:20       ` Mikael Persson
From: Mikael Persson @ 2005-01-25 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:10:20 +0100, h h extern <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
> Mikael Persson wrote:
>
> > larm1000 SFRM1000 "T2AEncoding ReEncodeFont" <cm-super-t2a.enc <sfrm1000.pfb
> >
> > and I got sfrm1000.pfb and cm-super-t2a.enc files... So, in order to
> > have the cm-super fonts working, do I have to generate some files or
> > do something more?
>
> you need tfm (larm1000.tfm) files but i dunno where to find them, maybe in some
> cmsuper zip
>
> > This, I shall ask one russian guy I know.
>
> good, we can repackage the tfm's if needed; (i'm surprised how often fonts /
> names / etc change)
>

> Hans

Thank you Hans!

I did not find the tfm files anywhere on the Internet (strange), so I
generated them myself. Now it works very well. I put a description of
how I did, and some comments on what encoding that worked (windows
1251), and what encodings that did not (KOI8R, KOI8-R, ISO-8859-5),
and a small test file at

http://www.math.chalmers.se/~mickep/russian/

Hope this helps any other users in the future.

And please feel free to tell me if there are better solutions.

Micke P

* RE: Russia (cyrillic letters)
@ 2005-01-26  6:20         ` Ulrich Dirr
From: Ulrich Dirr @ 2005-01-26  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mikael Persson wrote:
> I did not find the tfm files anywhere on the Internet (strange), so I
> generated them myself. Now it works very well. I put a description of
> how I did, and some comments on what encoding that worked (windows
> 1251), and what encodings that did not (KOI8R, KOI8-R, ISO-8859-5), and a
> small test file at

The cm-super package is on CTAN at fonts/ps-type1/cm-super/

But Vladimir Volovich didn't supply tfm's as he assumes that these will be
generated when needed on the fly. And as a replacement for EC etc. he
assumes the tfm's are already on the system. He obviously didn't consider
ConTeXt...

Maybe interesting for you is this section from the INSTALL file:

3.2) [for VTeX/Free]
   Copy all dvips/*.enc files to .../texmf/vtex/enc/ directory.
   Copy all vtex/*.ali files to .../texmf/vtex/config/ directory.

   You will need to generate all needed TFM files, because VTeX/Free can
   not generate them on the fly (TFM files for EC/TC, EC Concrete and
   EC Bright fonts are included into the VTeX/Free distribution).
   You can generate these files e.g. by processing your document by
   teTeX's latex. Put the TFM files to the curresponding subdirectories
   under .../texmf/fonts/tfm/.

Best regards,
Ulrich Dirr

* Re: Russia (cyrillic letters)
@ 2005-01-26  9:24         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-01-26  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mikael Persson wrote:

> http://www.math.chalmers.se/~mickep/russian/

it looks like russian indeed

are all those fonts in the cmsuper path useful?

we should make one map file with all the relevant mappings that we can add to
the context distribution; also, we need a zip with prebuild tfm files; i can
then add that to the minimal context file set

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Russia (cyrillic letters)
@ 2005-01-26 21:38           ` Mikael Persson
From: Mikael Persson @ 2005-01-26 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:24:04 +0100, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
> Mikael Persson wrote:
>
> > http://www.math.chalmers.se/~mickep/russian/
>
> it looks like russian indeed
>
> are all those fonts in the cmsuper path useful?

Hm, I don't think so. But that is a question for everyone to consider.
However, if you ask me I would be happy to have (snipped from the
README file):

  rm:  Computer Modern Roman
  sl:  Computer Modern Slanted
  ti:  Computer Modern Italic
  cc:  Computer Modern Caps and Small Caps
  ui:  Computer Modern Unslanted Italic
  sc:  Computer Modern Slanted Caps and Small Caps
  ci:  Computer Modern Classical Serif Italic
  bx:  Computer Modern Bold Extended
  bl:  Computer Modern Bold Extended Slanted
  bi:  Computer Modern Bold Extended Italic
  xc:  Computer Modern Bold Extended Caps and Small Caps
  oc:  Computer Modern Bold Extended Slanted Caps and Small Caps
  rb:  Computer Modern Roman Bold
  bm:  Computer Modern Roman Bold Variant
  ss:  Computer Modern Sans Serif
  si:  Computer Modern Sans Serif Slanted
  sx:  Computer Modern Sans Serif Bold Extended
  so:  Computer Modern Sans Serif Bold Extended Slanted
  tt:  Computer Modern Typewriter
  st:  Computer Modern Typewriter Slanted
  it:  Computer Modern Typewriter Italic
  tc:  Computer Modern Typewriter Caps and Small Caps
  vt:  Computer Modern Variable Width Typewriter
  vi:  Computer Modern Variable Width Typewriter Italic

"Each font shape comes in 14 font sizes ranging from 5pt to 35.83pt (or
11 font sizes for typewriter fonts ranging from 8pt to 35.83pt)."

I don't think all sizes are necessary.

and moreover it would be nice to have

  sform5 .. sform10:  Computer Modern Concrete Roman
  sfosl5 .. sfosl10:  Computer Modern Concrete Slanted
  sfoti10:            Computer Modern Concrete Italic
  sfocc10:            Computer Modern Concrete Caps and Small Caps

(maybe not all sizes here either)
and

  sfbmr{8,9,10,17}:  Computer Modern Bright Roman
  sfbmo{8,9,10,17}:  Computer Modern Bright Oblique
  sfbsr{8,9,10,17}:  Computer Modern Bright Semibold
  sfbso{8,9,10,17}:  Computer Modern Bright Semibold Oblique
  sfbbx10:           Computer Modern Bright Bold Extended
  sfbtl10:           Computer Modern Typewriter Light
  sfbto10:           Computer Modern Typewriter Light Oblique

Hm, well, this is all but ~18 (times 13 or 14 sizes)... so maybe it is
worth to have them all? What do one loose? speed? work? If work, then
I am ready to write what shall be written if you only show me for one
font.

About the encodings: According to my russian friend koi8-r is the most
common now, but utf is coming more and more. This is what one person
said, so if someone else think it is different, they may very well be
right (my friend is mostly TeX:ing on UNIX systems, and from what I
read from search results, the koi8r and koi8-r (which seems to be the
same?) are mostly used on UNIX and www. So maybe the windows 1521
encoding is still used by Windows users?)

However, I can't get it working with koi8-r. It works in LaTeX (tried
with the russian "Not so short introduction to LaTeX" document, and it
seemed to use t2a and koi8-r). Under ConTeXt, the document I try (the
rexample.tex saved in koi8-r instead of windows 1521) compiles, I get
russian letters, but the letters are at wrong places. I am using
\enableregime[koi8-r], and saving the document in koi8-r encoding. Is
there anything else I should do?

I also thought more about the utf. Is there anyway, now, to use utf8
encoding of the file, and somehow (from enco-uc.tex or how it would
work) get the russian letters (that is for example \uchar4{"11} to be
\cyrillicB, as it is written in enco-uc.tex and then from that get the
right letter)?

Micke P

* Re: Russia (cyrillic letters)
@ 2005-01-26 22:40             ` Adam Lindsay
From: Adam Lindsay @ 2005-01-26 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mikael Persson said this at Wed, 26 Jan 2005 22:38:50 +0100:

>I also thought more about the utf. Is there anyway, now, to use utf8
>encoding of the file, and somehow (from enco-uc.tex or how it would
>work) get the russian letters (that is for example \uchar4{"11} to be
>\cyrillicB, as it is written in enco-uc.tex and then from that get the
>right letter)?

Yeah, there is a way to use UTF-8 input, but it's not ready for Cyrillic
quite yet--It'll take some work (from you? :D ) to get it going.

UTF-8 input depends on the unic-* files. The Cyrillic vector, unic-
004.tex, hasn't been done yet. All it takes is putting the named glyphs
(that you saw in enco-uc, for example) in the right order, using unic-
001.tex as a model.

Interested? I can get you started if you are...

adam
 Adam T. Lindsay, Computing Dept.     atl@comp.lancs.ac.uk
 Lancaster University, InfoLab21        +44(0)1524/510.514
 Lancaster, LA1 4WA, UK             Fax:+44(0)1524/510.492

* Re: Russia (cyrillic letters)
@ 2005-01-27  7:48               ` Mikael Persson
From: Mikael Persson @ 2005-01-27  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 22:40:08 +0000, Adam Lindsay <atl@comp.lancs.ac.uk> wrote:
> Mikael Persson said this at Wed, 26 Jan 2005 22:38:50 +0100:
>
> >I also thought more about the utf. Is there anyway, now, to use utf8
> >encoding of the file, and somehow (from enco-uc.tex or how it would
> >work) get the russian letters (that is for example \uchar4{"11} to be
> >\cyrillicB, as it is written in enco-uc.tex and then from that get the
> >right letter)?
>
> Yeah, there is a way to use UTF-8 input, but it's not ready for Cyrillic
> quite yet--It'll take some work (from you? :D ) to get it going.
>
> UTF-8 input depends on the unic-* files. The Cyrillic vector, unic-
> 004.tex, hasn't been done yet. All it takes is putting the named glyphs
> (that you saw in enco-uc, for example) in the right order, using unic-
> 001.tex as a model.
>
> Interested? I can get you started if you are...
>
> adam

Hello Adam,

Yes, I am intrested in doing this, please get me started :) I read
unic-001.tex, and I more or less understand the pattern, however there
must be more things to change then just adidng a unic-004.tex file
with similar entries for the cyrillic letters?

/Micke P

* Re: Russia (cyrillic letters)
@ 2005-01-27  9:11               ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-01-27  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Adam Lindsay wrote:

> Yeah, there is a way to use UTF-8 input, but it's not ready for Cyrillic
> quite yet--It'll take some work (from you? :D ) to get it going.

indeed, it would be godo to have that vector, yesterday i (partially) made the
greek one

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Russia (cyrillic letters)
@ 2005-01-27  9:23             ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-01-27  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mikael Persson wrote:

> Hm, I don't think so. But that is a question for everyone to consider.
> However, if you ask me I would be happy to have (snipped from the
> README file):

>   rm:  Computer Modern Roman
>   sl:  Computer Modern Slanted
>   ti:  Computer Modern Italic
>   cc:  Computer Modern Caps and Small Caps
>   ui:  Computer Modern Unslanted Italic

is this oen really used?

>   sc:  Computer Modern Slanted Caps and Small Caps
>   ci:  Computer Modern Classical Serif Italic

is that one used?

>   bx:  Computer Modern Bold Extended
>   bl:  Computer Modern Bold Extended Slanted
>   bi:  Computer Modern Bold Extended Italic
>   xc:  Computer Modern Bold Extended Caps and Small Caps
>   oc:  Computer Modern Bold Extended Slanted Caps and Small Caps
>   rb:  Computer Modern Roman Bold
>   bm:  Computer Modern Roman Bold Variant
>   ss:  Computer Modern Sans Serif
>   si:  Computer Modern Sans Serif Slanted
>   sx:  Computer Modern Sans Serif Bold Extended
>   so:  Computer Modern Sans Serif Bold Extended Slanted
>   tt:  Computer Modern Typewriter
>   st:  Computer Modern Typewriter Slanted
>   it:  Computer Modern Typewriter Italic
>   tc:  Computer Modern Typewriter Caps and Small Caps
>   vt:  Computer Modern Variable Width Typewriter
>   vi:  Computer Modern Variable Width Typewriter Italic

> "Each font shape comes in 14 font sizes ranging from 5pt to 35.83pt (or
> 11 font sizes for typewriter fonts ranging from 8pt to 35.83pt)."
>
> I don't think all sizes are necessary.

if we stick to 10pt as base ... (see type-cbg.tex)

> and moreover it would be nice to have
>
>   sform5 .. sform10:  Computer Modern Concrete Roman
>   sfosl5 .. sfosl10:  Computer Modern Concrete Slanted
>   sfoti10:            Computer Modern Concrete Italic
>   sfocc10:            Computer Modern Concrete Caps and Small Caps

ok, but a different set

> (maybe not all sizes here either)
> and
>
>   sfbmr{8,9,10,17}:  Computer Modern Bright Roman
>   sfbmo{8,9,10,17}:  Computer Modern Bright Oblique
>   sfbsr{8,9,10,17}:  Computer Modern Bright Semibold
>   sfbso{8,9,10,17}:  Computer Modern Bright Semibold Oblique
>   sfbbx10:           Computer Modern Bright Bold Extended
>   sfbtl10:           Computer Modern Typewriter Light
>   sfbto10:           Computer Modern Typewriter Light Oblique

used? keep in mind that cmsuper is far from perfect

> Hm, well, this is all but ~18 (times 13 or 14 sizes)... so maybe it is
> worth to have them all? What do one loose? speed? work? If work, then
> I am ready to write what shall be written if you only show me for one
> font.

i don't want 75 meg font files; i can live with 2 meg extra in the minimal
distribution, so a base of 10pt ones sounds ok to me

so:

- we need a koi vector (enco-koi)
- a list of the 10pt font files that make sense

> About the encodings: According to my russian friend koi8-r is the most
> common now, but utf is coming more and more. This is what one person
> said, so if someone else think it is different, they may very well be
> right (my friend is mostly TeX:ing on UNIX systems, and from what I
> read from search results, the koi8r and koi8-r (which seems to be the
> same?) are mostly used on UNIX and www. So maybe the windows 1521
> encoding is still used by Windows users?)
>
> However, I can't get it working with koi8-r. It works in LaTeX (tried
> with the russian "Not so short introduction to LaTeX" document, and it
> seemed to use t2a and koi8-r). Under ConTeXt, the document I try (the
> rexample.tex saved in koi8-r instead of windows 1521) compiles, I get
> russian letters, but the letters are at wrong places. I am using
> \enableregime[koi8-r], and saving the document in koi8-r encoding. Is
> there anything else I should do?

so where does this t2a then fit in? we can make koi the main one and move the
t2's to some additional typescript [so that it no longer slows down things] that
users can 'load' in their cont-sys.tex

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Russia (cyrillic letters)
@ 2005-01-27  9:25                 ` Mikael Persson
From: Mikael Persson @ 2005-01-27  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:11:51 +0100, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
> Adam Lindsay wrote:
>
> > Yeah, there is a way to use UTF-8 input, but it's not ready for Cyrillic
> > quite yet--It'll take some work (from you? :D ) to get it going.
>
> indeed, it would be godo to have that vector, yesterday i (partially) made the
> greek one
>
> Hans

I am doing it right now for the cyrillic ones. There are some
\definecharacter that has to be added (I list them too)
It will be finished within an hour or two.

Micke

* Re: Russia (cyrillic letters)
@ 2005-01-27 10:59                 ` Mikael Persson
                                     ` (3 more replies)
From: Mikael Persson @ 2005-01-27 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:11:51 +0100, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
> Adam Lindsay wrote:
>
> > Yeah, there is a way to use UTF-8 input, but it's not ready for Cyrillic
> > quite yet--It'll take some work (from you? :D ) to get it going.
>
> indeed, it would be godo to have that vector, yesterday i (partially) made the
> greek one
>
> Hans

OK, so here they are. Hope I understood correctly how it works... :)
enco-004.tex
and
enco-uc-add.tex
I used the names from gucharmap (char map app for Gnome) where they
were not yet defined. The names is not always so short as one maybe
would like.

/Micke P

[-- Attachment #2: unic-004.tex --]
[-- Type: text/x-tex; name="unic-004.tex", Size: 12437 bytes --]

%D \module
%D   [       file=unic-004,
%D        version=2005.01.27,
%D          title=\CONTEXT\ \UNICODE\ Macros,
%D       subtitle=Vector 1,
%D         author=Hans Hagen,
%D           date=\currentdate,
%D      copyright={PRAGMA / Hans Hagen \& Ton Otten}]
%C
%C This module is part of the \CONTEXT\ macro||package and is
%C therefore copyrighted by \PRAGMA. See mreadme.pdf for
%C details.

\unprotect

\startunicodevector 4
  \expandafter\strippedcsname
  \ifcase\numexpr(#1+1) % space needed, terminates expr
    \cyrillicEgrave   \or % 04-00 \uchar0{200} aswell
    \cyrillicYO       \or % 04-01 Capital YO (or IO)
    \cyrillicDJE      \or % 04-02
    \cyrillicGJE      \or % 04-03 not in enco-uc.tex
    \cyrillicIE       \or % 04-04 Ukrainian IE
    \cyrillicDZE      \or % 04-05
    \cyrillicII       \or % 04-06 Byelorussian-ukrainian I
    \cyrillicYI       \or % 04-07
    \cyrillicJE       \or % 04-08 same letter as latin J?
    \cyrillicLJE      \or % 04-09
    \cyrillicNJE      \or % 04-0A
    \cyrillicTSHE     \or % 04-0B
    \cyrillicKJE      \or % 04-0C
    \cyrillicIgrave   \or % 04-0D I with grave
    \cyrillicUSHRT    \or % 04-0E
    \cyrillicDZHE     \or % 04-0F
    \cyrillicA     \or % 04-10
    \cyrillicB     \or
    \cyrillicV     \or
    \cyrillicG     \or
    \cyrillicD     \or
    \cyrillicE     \or
    \cyrillicZH    \or
    \cyrillicZ     \or
    \cyrillicI     \or
    \cyrillicISHRT \or
    \cyrillicK     \or
    \cyrillicL     \or
    \cyrillicM     \or
    \cyrillicN     \or
    \cyrillicO     \or
    \cyrillicP     \or
    \cyrillicR     \or
    \cyrillicS     \or
    \cyrillicT     \or
    \cyrillicU     \or
    \cyrillicF     \or
    \cyrillicH     \or
    \cyrillicC     \or
    \cyrillicCH    \or
    \cyrillicSH    \or
    \cyrillicSHCH  \or
    \cyrillicHRDSN \or
    \cyrillicERY   \or
    \cyrillicSFTSN \or
    \cyrillicEREV  \or
    \cyrillicYU    \or
    \cyrillicYA    \or
    \cyrillica     \or % 04-30
    \cyrillicb     \or
    \cyrillicv     \or
    \cyrillicg     \or
    \cyrillicd     \or
    \cyrillice     \or
    \cyrilliczh    \or
    \cyrillicz     \or
    \cyrillici     \or
    \cyrillicishrt \or
    \cyrillick     \or
    \cyrillicl     \or
    \cyrillicm     \or
    \cyrillicn     \or
    \cyrillico     \or
    \cyrillicp     \or
    \cyrillicr     \or
    \cyrillics     \or
    \cyrillict     \or
    \cyrillicu     \or
    \cyrillicf     \or
    \cyrillich     \or
    \cyrillicc     \or
    \cyrillicch    \or
    \cyrillicsh    \or
    \cyrillicshch  \or
    \cyrillichrdsn \or
    \cyrillicery   \or
    \cyrillicsftsn \or
    \cyrillicerev  \or
    \cyrillicyu    \or
    \cyrillicya    \or % 04-4F
    \cyrillicegrave \or % 04-50 not i enco-uc.tex but same as \uchar0{232}
    \cyrillicio    \or % 04-51 small yo (or io)
    \cyrillicdje   \or % 04-52 serbian letter
    \cyrillicgje   \or % 04-53 macedonian letter not in enco-uc.tex
    \cyrillicie    \or % 04-54 ukrainian ie
    \cyrillicdze   \or % 04-55 macedonian zelo
    \cyrillicii    \or % 04-56 byelorussian-ukrainian i.
    \cyrillicyi    \or % 04-57
    \cyrillicje    \or % 04-58 not in enco-uc.tex same as latin j?
    \cyrilliclje   \or % 04-59
    \cyrillicnje   \or % 04-5A
    \cyrillictshe  \or % 04-5B
    \cyrillickje   \or % 04-5C macedonian, not in enco-uc.tex
    \cyrillicigrave \or % 04-5D macedonian, cyr i with grave not in enco-uc.tex
    \cyrillicushrt \or % 04-5E
    \cyrillicdzhe  \or % 04-5F
    \cyrillicOMEGA \or % 04-60 Omega not in enco-uc.tex
    \cyrillicomega \or % 04-61 omega not in enco-uc.tex
    \cyrillicYAT   \or % 04-62 Yat not in enco-uc.tex
    \cyrillicyat   \or % 04-63 Yat not in enco-uc.tex
    \cyrillicEiotified \or % 04-64 iotified E not in enco-uc.tex
    \cyrilliceiotified \or % 04-65 iotified e not in enco-uc.tex
    \cyrillicLITTLEYUS \or % 04-66 Little Yus not in enco-enc.tex
    \cyrilliclittleyus \or % 04-67 Little yus not in enco-enc.tex
    \cyrillicLITTLEYUSiotified \or  % 04-68 Little Yus iotified not in enco-enc.tex
    \cyrilliclittleyusiotified \or  % 04-69 Little yus iotified not in enco-enc.tex
    \cyrillicBIGYUS    \or % 04-6A Big Yus not in enco-enc.tex
    \cyrillicbigyus    \or % 04-6B Big yus not in enco-enc.tex
    \cyrillicBIGYUSiotified    \or % 04-6C Big Yus iotified not in enco-enc.tex
    \cyrillicbigyusiotified    \or % 04-6D Big yus iotified not in enco-enc.tex
    \cyrillicKSI       \or % 04-6E Ksi not in enco-enc.tex
    \cyrillicksi       \or % 04-6F ksi not in enco-enc.tex
    \cyrillicPSI       \or % 04-70 Psi not in enco-enc.tex
    \cyrillicpsi       \or % 04-71 psi not in enco-enc.tex
    \cyrillicFITA      \or % 04-72 Fita not in enco-enc.tex
    \cyrillicfita      \or % 04-73 fita not in enco-enc.tex
    \cyrillicIZHITSA   \or % 04-74 Izhitsa not in enco-enc.tex
    \cyrillicizhitsa   \or % 04-75 izhitsa not in enco-enc.tex
    \cyrillicIZHITSAdoublegrave  \or % 04-76 Izhitsa double grave not in enco-enc.tex
    \cyrillicizhitsadoublegrave  \or % 04-77 izhitsa double grave not in enco-enc.tex
    \cyrillicUK        \or % 04-78 UK not in enco-enc.tex
    \cyrillicuk        \or % 04-79 uk not in enco-enc.tex
    \cyrillicOMEGAround \or % 04-7A Round Omega not in enco-enc.tex
    \cyrillicomegaround \or % 04-7B Round omega not in enco-enc.tex
    \cyrillicOMEGAtitlo \or % 04-7C Omega with titlo not in enco-enc.tex
    \cyrillicomegatitlo \or % 04-7D omega with titlo not in enco-enc.tex
    \cyrillicOT         \or % 04-7E OT not in enco-enc.tex
    \cyrillicot         \or % 04-7F ot not in enco-enc.tex
    \cyrillicKOPPA      \or % 04-80 KOPPA not in enco-enc.tex
    \cyrillickoppa      \or % 04-81 koppa not in enco-enc.tex
    \unknownchar        \or % 04-82 ?
    \cyrillicTITLO      \or % 04-83 TITLO not in enco-enc.tex
    \cyrillicPALATALIZATION  \or % 04-84 PALATALIZATION not in enco-enc.tex
    \cyrillicDASIAPNEUMATA \or % 04-85 DASIA PNEUMATA not in enco-enc.tex
    \cyrillicPSILIPNEUMATA \or % 04-86 PSILI PNEUMATA not in enco-enc.tex
    \unknownchar      \or % 04-87?
    \unknownchar      \or % 04-88?
    \unknownchar      \or % 04-89?
    \cyrillicISHRTtail  \or % 04-8A ISHRT with tail not in enco-enc.tex
    \cyrillicishrttail  \or % 04-8B ishrt with tail not in enco-enc.tex
    \cyrillicSEMISOFT   \or % 04-8C SEMISOFT not in enco-enc.tex
    \cyrillicsemisoft   \or % 04-8D semisoft not in enco-enc.tex
    \cyrillicERtick     \or % 04-8E ER with tick not in enco-enc.tex
    \cyrillicertick     \or % 04-8F er with tick not in enco-enc.tex
    \cyrillicGHEupturn  \or % 04-90 GHE with upturn not in enco-enc.tex
    \cyrillicgheupturn  \or % 04-91 ghe with upturn not in enco-enc.tex
    \cyrillicGHEstroke  \or % 04-92 GHE with stroke not in enco-enc.tex
    \cyrillicghestroke  \or % 04-93 ghe with stroke not in enco-enc.tex
    \cyrillicGHEmidhook \or % 04-94 GHE with middle hook
    \cyrillicghemidhook \or % 04-95 ghe with middle hook
    \cyrillicZHEdescender \or % 04-96 ZHE with descender
    \cyrilliczhedescender \or % 04-97 zhe with descender
    \cyrillicZDSC         \or % 04-98 ZE with descender
    \cyrilliczdsc         \or % 04-99 ze with descender
    \cyrillicKADC         \or % 04-9A KA with descender
    \cyrillickadc         \or % 04-9B ka with descender
    \cyrillicKAvertstroke \or % 04-9C KA with vertical stroke
    \cyrillickavertstroke \or % 04-9D ka with vertical stroke
    \cyrillicKAstroke     \or % 04-9E KA with stroke
    \cyrillickastroke     \or % 04-9F ka with stroke
    \cyrillicKAbashkir    \or % 04-A0 KA bashkir
    \cyrillickabashkir    \or % 04-A1 ka bashkir
    \cyrillicENDC         \or % 04-A2 EN with descender
    \cyrillicendc         \or % 04-A3 en with descender
    \cyrillicENGHE        \or % 04-A4 EN GHE
    \cyrillicenghe        \or % 04-A5 en ghe
    \cyrillicPEmidhook    \or % 04-A6 PE with middle hook
    \cyrillicpemidhook    \or % 04-A7 pe with middle hook
    \cyrillicHA           \or % 04-A8 Abkhasian HA
    \cyrillicha           \or % 04-A9 Abkhasian ha
    \cyrillicSDSC         \or % 04-AA S with descender
    \cyrilliccdsc         \or % 04-AB s with descender
    \cyrillicTEDC         \or % 04-AC TE with descender
    \cyrillictedc         \or % 04-AD te with descender
    \cyrillicYstr         \or % 04-AE Y straight
    \cyrillicystr         \or % 04-AF y straight
    \cyrillicYstrstroke   \or % 04-B0 Y straight with stroke
    \cyrillicystrstroke   \or % 04-B1 y straight with stroke
    \cyrillicHADC         \or % 04-B2 HA with descender
    \cyrillichadc         \or % 04-B3 ha with descender
    \cyrillicTETSE        \or % 04-B4 TE TSE
    \cyrillictetse        \or % 04-B5 te tse
    \cyrillicCHEDC        \or % 04-B6 CHE with descender
    \cyrillicchedc        \or % 04-B7 che with descender
    \cyrillicCHEvertstroke \or % 04-B8 CHE with vertical stroke
    \cyrillicchevertstroke \or % 04-B9 che with vertical stroke
    \cyrillicSHHA          \or % 04-BA SHHA
    \cyrillicshha          \or % 04-BB
    \cyrillicCHEabkhasian  \or % 04-BC Abkhasian CHE
    \cyrilliccheabkhasian  \or % 04-BD Abkhasian che
    \cyrillicCHEDCabkhasian \or % 04-BE Abkhasian CHE with descender
    \cyrillicchedcabkhasian \or % 04-BF Abkhasian che with descender
    \cyrillicPALOCHKA      \or % 04-C0 PALOCHKA
    \cyrillicZHEbreve      \or % 04-C1 ZHE with breve
    \cyrilliczhebreve      \or % 04-C2 zhe with breve
    \cyrillicKAhook        \or % 04-C3 KA with hook
    \cyrillickahook        \or % 04-C4 ka with hook
    \cyrillicELtail        \or % 04-C5 EL with tail
    \cyrilliceltail        \or % 04-C6 el with tail
    \cyrillicENhook        \or % 04-C7 EN with hook
    \cyrillicenhook        \or % 04-C8 en with hook
    \cyrillicENtail        \or % 04-C9 EN with tail
    \cyrillicentail        \or % 04-CA en with tail
    \cyrillicCHEkhakassian \or % 04-CB Khakassian CHE
    \cyrillicchekhakassian \or % 04-CC Khakassian che
    \cyrillicEMtail        \or % 04-CD EM with tail
    \cyrillicemtail        \or % 04-CE em with tail
    \cyrillicAbreve        \or % 04-D0 A with breve (\uchar1{2})
    \cyrillicabreve        \or % 04-D1 a with breve (\uchar1{3})
    \cyrillicAdiaeresis    \or % 04-D2 A with diaeresis (\uchar0{196})
    \cyrillicadiaeresis    \or % 04-D3 a with diaeresis (\uchar0{228})
    \cyrillicAE           \or % 04-D4 AE (\uchar0{198})
    \cyrillicae           \or % 04-D5 ae (\uchar0{230})
    \cyrillicEbreve       \or % 04-D6
    \cyrillicebreve       \or % 04-D7
    \cyrillicSCHWA        \or % 04-D8
    \cyrillicschwa        \or % 04-D9
    \cyrillicSCHWAdiaeresis \or % 04-DA
    \cyrillicschwadiaeresis \or % 04-DB
    \cyrillicZHEdiaeresis   \or % 04-DC
    \cyrilliczhediaeresis   \or % 04-DD
    \cyrillicZEdiaeresis    \or % 04-DE
    \cyrilliczediaeresis    \or % 04-DF
    \cyrillicDZEabkhasian   \or % 04-E0
    \cyrillicdzeabkhasian   \or % 04-E1
    \cyrillicImacron        \or % 04-E2
    \cyrillicimacron        \or % 04-E3
    \cyrillicIdiaeresis     \or % 04-E4
    \cyrillicidiaeresis     \or % 04-E5
    \cyrillicOdiaeresis     \or % 04-E6
    \cyrillicodiaeresis     \or % 04-E7
    \cyrillicObarred        \or % 04-E8
    \cyrillicobarred        \or % 04-E9
    \cyrillicObarreddiaeresis \or % 04-EA
    \cyrillicobarreddiaeresis \or % 04-EB
    \cyrillicEdiaeresis     \or % 04-EC
    \cyrillicediaeresis     \or % 04-ED
    \cyrillicUmacron        \or % 04-EE
    \cyrillicumacron        \or % 04-EF
    \cyrillicUdiaeresis     \or % 04-F0
    \cyrillicudiaeresis     \or % 04-F1
    \cyrillicUdoubleacute   \or % 04-F2
    \cyrillicudoubleacute   \or % 04-F3
    \cyrillicCHEdiaeresis   \or % 04-F4
    \cyrillicchediaeresis   \or % 04-F5
    \unknownchar          \or % 04-F6?
    \unknownchar          \or % 04-F7?
    \cyrillicYERUdiaeresis  \or % 04-F8
    \cyrillicyerudiaeresis  \else % 04-F9
%    \@@unknownchar          \or % 04-FA?
%    \@@unknownchar          \or % 04-FB?
%    \@@unknownchar          \or % 04-FC?
%    \@@unknownchar          \or % 04-FD?
%    \@@unknownchar          \or % 04-FE?
%    \@@unknownchar          \or % 04-FF?
    \unknownchar
  \fi
\stopunicodevector

\protect \endinput

[-- Attachment #3: enco-uc-add.tex --]
[-- Type: text/x-tex; name="enco-uc-add.tex", Size: 8636 bytes --]

\definecharacter cyrillicEgrave        {\uchar4{"00}}
\definecharacter cyrillicGJE           {\uchar4{"03}}
\definecharacter cyrillicJE            {\uchar4{"08}}
\definecharacter cyrillicKJE           {\uchar4{"0C}}
\definecharacter cyrillicIgrave        {\uchar4{"0D}}
\definecharacter cyrillicegrave        {\uchar4{"50}}
\definecharacter cyrillicgje           {\uchar4{"53}}
\definecharacter cyrillicje            {\uchar4{"58}}
\definecharacter cyrillickje           {\uchar4{"5C}}
\definecharacter cyrillicigrave        {\uchar4{"5D}}
\definecharacter cyrillicOMEGA         {\uchar4{"60}}
\definecharacter cyrillicomega         {\uchar4{"61}}
\definecharacter cyrillicYAT           {\uchar4{"62}}
\definecharacter cyrillicyat           {\uchar4{"63}}
\definecharacter cyrillicEiotified     {\uchar4{"64}}
\definecharacter cyrilliceiotified     {\uchar4{"65}}
\definecharacter cyrillicLITTLEYUS     {\uchar4{"66}}
\definecharacter cyrilliclittleyus     {\uchar4{"67}}
\definecharacter cyrillicLITTLEYUSiotified     {\uchar4{"68}}
\definecharacter cyrilliclittleyusiotified     {\uchar4{"69}}
\definecharacter cyrillicBIGYUS     {\uchar4{"6A}}
\definecharacter cyrillicbigyus     {\uchar4{"6B}}
\definecharacter cyrillicBIGYUSiotified     {\uchar4{"6C}}
\definecharacter cyrillicbigyusiotified     {\uchar4{"6D}}
\definecharacter cyrillicKSI       {\uchar4{"6E}}
\definecharacter cyrillicksi       {\uchar4{"6F}}
\definecharacter cyrillicPSI       {\uchar4{"70}}
\definecharacter cyrillicpsi       {\uchar4{"71}}
\definecharacter cyrillicFITA      {\uchar4{"72}}
\definecharacter cyrillicfita      {\uchar4{"73}}
\definecharacter cyrillicIZHITSA   {\uchar4{"74}}
\definecharacter cyrillicizhitsa   {\uchar4{"75}}
\definecharacter cyrillicIZHITSAdoublegrave  {\uchar4{"76}}
\definecharacter cyrillicizhitsadoublegrave  {\uchar4{"77}}
\definecharacter cyrillicUK        {\uchar4{"78}}
\definecharacter cyrillicuk        {\uchar4{"79}}
\definecharacter cyrillicOMEGAround {\uchar4{"7A}}
\definecharacter cyrillicomegaround {\uchar4{"7B}}
\definecharacter cyrillicOMEGAtitlo {\uchar4{"7C}}
\definecharacter cyrillicomegatitlo {\uchar4{"7D}}
\definecharacter cyrillicOT         {\uchar4{"7E}}
\definecharacter cyrillicot         {\uchar4{"7F}}
\definecharacter cyrillicKOPPA      {\uchar4{"80}}
\definecharacter cyrillickoppa      {\uchar4{"81}}
\definecharacter cyrillicTITLO      {\uchar4{"83}}
\definecharacter cyrillicPALATALIZATION  {\uchar4{"84}}
\definecharacter cyrillicDASIAPNEUMATA {\uchar4{"85}}
\definecharacter cyrillicPSILIPNEUMATA {\uchar4{"86}}
\definecharacter cyrillicISHRTtail  {\uchar4{"8A}}
\definecharacter cyrillicishrttail  {\uchar4{"8B}}
\definecharacter cyrillicSEMISOFT   {\uchar4{"8C}}
\definecharacter cyrillicsemisoft   {\uchar4{"8D}}
\definecharacter cyrillicERtick     {\uchar4{"8E}}
\definecharacter cyrillicertick     {\uchar4{"8F}}
\definecharacter cyrillicGHEupturn  {\uchar4{"90}}
\definecharacter cyrillicgheupturn  {\uchar4{"91}}
\definecharacter cyrillicGHEstroke  {\uchar4{"92}}
\definecharacter cyrillicghestroke  {\uchar4{"93}}
\definecharacter cyrillicGHEmidhook {\uchar4{"94}}
\definecharacter cyrillicghemidhook {\uchar4{"95}}
\definecharacter cyrillicZHEdescender {\uchar4{"96}}
\definecharacter cyrilliczhedescender {\uchar4{"97}}
\definecharacter cyrillicZDSC         {\uchar4{"98}}
\definecharacter cyrilliczdsc         {\uchar4{"99}}
\definecharacter cyrillicKADC         {\uchar4{"9A}}
\definecharacter cyrillickadc         {\uchar4{"9B}}
\definecharacter cyrillicKAvertstroke {\uchar4{"9C}}
\definecharacter cyrillickavertstroke {\uchar4{"9D}}
\definecharacter cyrillicKAstroke     {\uchar4{"9E}}
\definecharacter cyrillickastroke     {\uchar4{"9F}}
\definecharacter cyrillicKAbashkir    {\uchar4{"A0}}
\definecharacter cyrillickabashkir    {\uchar4{"A1}}
\definecharacter cyrillicENDC         {\uchar4{"A2}}
\definecharacter cyrillicendc         {\uchar4{"A3}}
\definecharacter cyrillicENGHE        {\uchar4{"A4}}
\definecharacter cyrillicenghe        {\uchar4{"A5}}
\definecharacter cyrillicPEmidhook    {\uchar4{"A6}}
\definecharacter cyrillicpemidhook    {\uchar4{"A7}}
\definecharacter cyrillicHA           {\uchar4{"A8}}
\definecharacter cyrillicha           {\uchar4{"A9}}
%\definecharacter cyrillicSDSC         {\uchar4{"AA}} already defined
%\definecharacter cyrilliccdsc         {\uchar4{"AB}} already defined
\definecharacter cyrillicTEDC         {\uchar4{"AC}}
\definecharacter cyrillictedc         {\uchar4{"AD}}
\definecharacter cyrillicYstr         {\uchar4{"AE}}
\definecharacter cyrillicystr         {\uchar4{"AF}}
\definecharacter cyrillicYstrstroke   {\uchar4{"B0}}
\definecharacter cyrillicystrstroke   {\uchar4{"B1}}
\definecharacter cyrillicHADC         {\uchar4{"B2}}
\definecharacter cyrillichadc         {\uchar4{"B3}}
\definecharacter cyrillicTETSE        {\uchar4{"B4}}
\definecharacter cyrillictetse        {\uchar4{"B5}}
\definecharacter cyrillicCHEDC        {\uchar4{"B6}}
\definecharacter cyrillicchedc        {\uchar4{"B7}}
\definecharacter cyrillicCHEvertstroke {\uchar4{"B8}}
\definecharacter cyrillicchevertstroke {\uchar4{"B9}}
\definecharacter cyrillicSHHA          {\uchar4{"BA}}
\definecharacter cyrillicshha          {\uchar4{"BB}}
\definecharacter cyrillicCHEabkhasian  {\uchar4{"BC}}
\definecharacter cyrilliccheabkhasian  {\uchar4{"BD}}
\definecharacter cyrillicCHEDCabkhasian {\uchar4{"BE}}
\definecharacter cyrillicchedcabkhasian {\uchar4{"BF}}
\definecharacter cyrillicPALOCHKA      {\uchar4{"C0}}
\definecharacter cyrillicZHEbreve      {\uchar4{"C1}}
\definecharacter cyrilliczhebreve      {\uchar4{"C2}}
\definecharacter cyrillicKAhook        {\uchar4{"C3}}
\definecharacter cyrillickahook        {\uchar4{"C4}}
\definecharacter cyrillicELtail        {\uchar4{"C5}}
\definecharacter cyrilliceltail        {\uchar4{"C6}}
\definecharacter cyrillicENhook        {\uchar4{"C7}}
\definecharacter cyrillicenhook        {\uchar4{"C8}}
\definecharacter cyrillicENtail        {\uchar4{"C9}}
\definecharacter cyrillicentail        {\uchar4{"CA}}
\definecharacter cyrillicCHEkhakassian {\uchar4{"CB}}
\definecharacter cyrillicchekhakassian {\uchar4{"CC}}
\definecharacter cyrillicEMtail        {\uchar4{"CD}}
\definecharacter cyrillicemtail        {\uchar4{"CE}}
\definecharacter cyrillicAbreve        {\uchar4{"D0}}
\definecharacter cyrillicabreve        {\uchar4{"D1}}
\definecharacter cyrillicAdiaeresis    {\uchar4{"D2}}
\definecharacter cyrillicadiaeresis    {\uchar4{"D3}}
%\definecharacter cyrillicAE           {\uchar4{"D4}} already defined
%\definecharacter cyrillicae           {\uchar4{"D5}} already defined
\definecharacter cyrillicEbreve       {\uchar4{"D6}}
\definecharacter cyrillicebreve       {\uchar4{"D7}}
\definecharacter cyrillicSCHWA        {\uchar4{"D8}}
\definecharacter cyrillicschwa        {\uchar4{"D9}}
\definecharacter cyrillicSCHWAdiaeresis {\uchar4{"DA}}
\definecharacter cyrillicschwadiaeresis {\uchar4{"DB}}
\definecharacter cyrillicZHEdiaeresis   {\uchar4{"DC}}
\definecharacter cyrilliczhediaeresis   {\uchar4{"DD}}
\definecharacter cyrillicZEdiaeresis    {\uchar4{"DE}}
\definecharacter cyrilliczediaeresis    {\uchar4{"DF}}
\definecharacter cyrillicDZEabkhasian   {\uchar4{"E0}}
\definecharacter cyrillicdzeabkhasian   {\uchar4{"E1}}
\definecharacter cyrillicImacron        {\uchar4{"E2}}
\definecharacter cyrillicimacron        {\uchar4{"E3}}
\definecharacter cyrillicIdiaeresis     {\uchar4{"E4}}
\definecharacter cyrillicidiaeresis     {\uchar4{"E5}}
\definecharacter cyrillicOdiaeresis     {\uchar4{"E6}}
\definecharacter cyrillicodiaeresis     {\uchar4{"E7}}
\definecharacter cyrillicObarred        {\uchar4{"E8}}
\definecharacter cyrillicobarred        {\uchar4{"E9}}
\definecharacter cyrillicObarreddiaeresis {\uchar4{"EA}}
\definecharacter cyrillicobarreddiaeresis {\uchar4{"EB}}
\definecharacter cyrillicEdiaeresis     {\uchar4{"EC}}
\definecharacter cyrillicediaeresis     {\uchar4{"ED}}
\definecharacter cyrillicUmacron        {\uchar4{"EE}}
\definecharacter cyrillicumacron        {\uchar4{"EF}}
\definecharacter cyrillicUdiaeresis     {\uchar4{"F0}}
\definecharacter cyrillicudiaeresis     {\uchar4{"F1}}
\definecharacter cyrillicUdoubleacute   {\uchar4{"F2}}
\definecharacter cyrillicudoubleacute   {\uchar4{"F3}}
\definecharacter cyrillicCHEdiaeresis   {\uchar4{"F4}}
\definecharacter cyrillicchediaeresis   {\uchar4{"F5}}
\definecharacter cyrillicYERUdiaeresis  {\uchar4{"F8}}
\definecharacter cyrillicyerudiaeresis  {\uchar4{"F9}}

* Re: Russia (cyrillic letters)
@ 2005-01-27 11:32                   ` Adam Lindsay
                                     ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Adam Lindsay @ 2005-01-27 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mikael Persson said this at Thu, 27 Jan 2005 11:59:57 +0100:

>OK, so here they are. Hope I understood correctly how it works... :)
>enco-004.tex
>and
>enco-uc-add.tex

Nice work. It holds up to spot-checking with my Mac OSX Unicode
"Character Palette".

>I used the names from gucharmap (char map app for Gnome) where they
>were not yet defined. The names is not always so short as one maybe
>would like.

I don't think we can get around that. All we really need is to hook
together with existing encodings, and I don't think many of those new
glyphs are used  in the existing Cyrillic TeX encodings.

thanks,

@ 2005-01-27 12:01                   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-01-27 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mikael Persson wrote:

> OK, so here they are. Hope I understood correctly how it works... :)
> enco-004.tex
> and
> enco-uc-add.tex
> I used the names from gucharmap (char map app for Gnome) where they
> were not yet defined. The names is not always so short as one maybe
> would like.

This one probably needs to be updated

(Adam: what to do with names, we have Greeka GreekA etc maybe it should be
greeka greekA, but maybe that will clash some day; same for cyrillic)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Russia (cyrillic letters)
@ 2005-01-27 12:04                   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-01-27 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

concerning cyrillic ... we should also take care of hebrew, then we have latin.
greek, cyrillic and hebrew covered.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Russia (cyrillic letters)
                                     ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2005-01-27 12:08                   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-01-27 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

concerning vectors:

\def\ucharfourhex#1 {\uchar4{"#1}}

\definecharacter cyrillicEgrave        {\ucharfourhex00 }

saves some memory

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Russia (cyrillic letters)
@ 2005-01-27 13:24                     ` Rob Ermers
From: Rob Ermers @ 2005-01-27 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I would be interested in a solution for Arabic... Presently \<Mu.hammad>
works, but otherwise support for Arabic (\startarabic) is not optimal.
If one of you could make a set-up for that too ...

Kind regards,

Robert Ermers

Hans Hagen wrote:
> concerning cyrillic ... we should also take care of hebrew, then we have
> latin. greek, cyrillic and hebrew covered.
>
> Hans

* Re: Russia (cyrillic letters)
@ 2005-01-27 13:50                     ` Mikael Persson
From: Mikael Persson @ 2005-01-27 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 13:01:30 +0100, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
> Mikael Persson wrote:
>
> > OK, so here they are. Hope I understood correctly how it works... :)
> > enco-004.tex
> > and
> > enco-uc-add.tex
> > I used the names from gucharmap (char map app for Gnome) where they
> > were not yet defined. The names is not always so short as one maybe
> > would like.
>
> This one probably needs to be updated
>
> (Adam: what to do with names, we have Greeka GreekA etc maybe it should be
> greeka greekA, but maybe that will clash some day; same for cyrillic)
>
> Hans

Hm, OK, I can update enco-cyr.tex aswell. Atleast for t2a. I don't
really know the differences between t2a, t2b and so on...

But how to do? Use \ShowFont and see what characters actually are
present, and then add the ones that need to be added? Or maybe there
is some spec file over the encodings :) Moreover I wonder if there is
any differences between t2a and cm-super-t2a...

I guess it would be nice wth hebrew and arabic too, as mentioned.
However, since I dont recognize the characters at all from these
alphabets I am not sure I am the person who should do this.

About the memory-saving \ucharfourhex you wrote about I assume you fix
the file to the right format Hans?

So, is there anything right now I can do for speeding ut getting
cyrillic letters via utf?

/Micke P

* Re: Russia (cyrillic letters)
@ 2005-01-27 13:58                       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-01-27 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rob Ermers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would be interested in a solution for Arabic... Presently \<Mu.hammad>
> works, but otherwise support for Arabic (\startarabic) is not optimal.
> If one of you could make a set-up for that too ...

arabic a bit more tricky since it has those ligatures, so that needs aleph or
arabtex

(of course we can make an encoding with named glyphs)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Russia (cyrillic letters)
@ 2005-01-27 14:46                       ` Adam Lindsay
From: Adam Lindsay @ 2005-01-27 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mikael Persson said this at Thu, 27 Jan 2005 14:50:13 +0100:

>> (Adam: what to do with names, we have Greeka GreekA etc maybe it should be
>> greeka greekA, but maybe that will clash some day; same for cyrillic)
>>
>> Hans

Ack! You're asking me?
I always thought you had a logic to it... I just picked up the
(\cyrillicBLAH) pattern from what was already in ConTeXt.

But if you were to push me on my opinion, the greek characters should
probably have a \greek prefix, rather than \Greek, because of your usual
lowercase namespacing conventions. I'd say leave cyrillic as it is?

@ 2005-01-27 22:04                         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-01-27 22:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Adam Lindsay wrote:

> Ack! You're asking me?
> I always thought you had a logic to it... I just picked up the
> (\cyrillicBLAH) pattern from what was already in ConTeXt.
>
> But if you were to push me on my opinion, the greek characters should
> probably have a \greek prefix, rather than \Greek, because of your usual
> lowercase namespacing conventions. I'd say leave cyrillic as it is?

well \greekBLAH it is ...

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Russia (cyrillic letters)
@ 2005-01-28  9:07                         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-01-28  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a new alpha release with the adapted / extended cyrillic/greek
encoding vectors (enco-* & unic-*)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Russia (cyrillic letters)
@ 2005-01-29 12:31                           ` Mikael Persson
From: Mikael Persson @ 2005-01-29 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 10:07:35 +0100, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
> I uploaded a new alpha release with the adapted / extended cyrillic/greek
> encoding vectors (enco-* & unic-*)
>
> Hans

Nice, but I can not get it work with utf yet. I try

\enableregime[utf]
%\useencoding[uc] Don't work with it uncommented either.

\definetypeface [russian]
  [rm] [serif] [computer-modern] [default] [encoding=cm-super-t2a]
% neither with encoding=t2a nor cyr

\setupbodyfont[russian]

\starttext
Мама и Папа % Some russian characters
\stoptext

However, if I type \char 212 for example, I get a capital \Phi, as it
should be. How shoule a minimal working file look like?

Regards, Micke P

* Re: Russia (cyrillic letters)
@ 2005-01-29 13:38                             ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-01-29 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mikael Persson wrote:

> \enableregime[utf]

> \definetypeface [russian]
>   [rm] [serif] [computer-modern] [default] [encoding=cm-super-t2a]
> % neither with encoding=t2a nor cyr

there is no cm-super-t2a encoding, just t2a should do

> \setupbodyfont[russian]
>
> \starttext
> Мама и Папа % Some russian characters
> \stoptext

well, it looks like russian in amy mailer -)

but shouldn't you enter utf8 code ?

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Russia (cyrillic letters)
@ 2005-01-29 14:09                               ` Mikael Persson
From: Mikael Persson @ 2005-01-29 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 14:38:26 +0100, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
> Mikael Persson wrote:
>
> > \enableregime[utf]
>
> > \definetypeface [russian]
> >   [rm] [serif] [computer-modern] [default] [encoding=cm-super-t2a]
> > % neither with encoding=t2a nor cyr
>
> there is no cm-super-t2a encoding, just t2a should do
>
> > \setupbodyfont[russian]
> >
> > \starttext
> > Мама и Папа % Some russian characters
> > \stoptext
>
> well, it looks like russian in amy mailer -)
>
> but shouldn't you enter utf8 code ?
>
> Hans

Hm, I am entering utf8 code. I am not sure how it got converted in the
email, however, when I type my .tex file I am sure that it is in
utf-8. But you mean that this example should work?

I attatch the testfile and the resulting pdf and logs and so on...

Micke P

[-- Attachment #2: u-test.tar.gz --]
[-- Type: application/x-gzip-compressed, Size: 15527 bytes --]

* help - spine centered figure
@ 2005-01-29 17:00                                 ` Ciro A. Soto
From: Ciro A. Soto @ 2005-01-29 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello all,

I am reading a beautifully designed book called
'Boodbye Gutenberg", and it gave me inspiration to
change the design of my self-published novel. However,
I wonder if with my limited knowledge in Contet I can
make it happen. Here it is:

Version 1: The text is standard, justified both sides.

When the reader opens the book I want him/her to see a
background light-gray picture centered in the spine of
the book from the top of the page to the bottom. (The
picture is a guitar with the strings along the spine),
I would like half of the guitar in the left page, and
half in the other page. In other words,
there would be a bleeding picture to the right of the
left page, and a bleeding picture to the left of the
right page. The text would be black, and the guitar
would be seen as background. I know it is difficult to
follow my explanation, but I hope you understand.

Version 2: The text is wrapped around the figure, that
is, each line in the left page is left justified, but
ends at the border of the picture. And each line in
the right page is right justified, but begins at the
border of the picture.

I am hoping to get the version 1.  The other version
is like an exercise for me, to see how it would be
done.

I have tried with layers for the background picture,
and it works, but I don't know how to tell Context to
use alternative pictures, one for the left pages,
another for the right pages. My apologies for the
length ...

thank you

ciro

=====
==================
Ciro A. Soto
Author of
"The Guitar Maker.
An Exploration of Wisdom, Design and Love." Pub. Date: Dec. 2005.

"All problems are at the interface. Each one of them has a solution."

* Re: help - spine centered figure
@ 2005-01-29 17:05                                   ` Ciro A. Soto
From: Ciro A. Soto @ 2005-01-29 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry, I made a typo error. The title of the book I am
reading is "Goodbye Gutenberg" by Valerie
Kirschenbaum.
A book I recommend for any person interested in
book design, typography, history, reading, fonts, etc.
Ciro

@ 2005-01-30 21:35                                   ` h h extern
From: h h extern @ 2005-01-30 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ciro A. Soto wrote:

> I am hoping to get the version 1.  The other version
> is like an exercise for me, to see how it would be
> done.

well, the machinery is there, and there are several solutions, of which i show
only one (watch further on how we enable clipping);

don't forget to submit this example to the wiki

\definelayer
   [page]
   [width=\paperwidth,
    height=\paperheight,
    offset=-\measure{page-bleed},
    doublesided=yes]

\setupbackgrounds
   [page]
   [background=page]

\setuppagenumbering
   [alternative=doublesided]

\definemeasure [page-bleed] [\dimexpr(10mm)]

\useexternalfigure
   [page-graphic]
   [cow]
   [ width=\dimexpr(2\paperwidth +2\measure{page-bleed}),
    height=\dimexpr( \paperheight+2\measure{page-bleed})]

\starttext

% cleaner here

\startstandardmakeup[doublesized=no,page={empty,left}]
     \setlayer
       [page] [preset=lefttop]
       {\externalfigure[page-graphic]}
\stopstandardmakeup

\startstandardmakeup[doublesized=no,page=right]
     \setlayer
       [page] [preset=righttop]
       {\externalfigure[page-graphic]}
\stopstandardmakeup

% less intuitive here
%
% \page[left]
%
% \setlayer
%   [page] [left] [preset=lefttop]
%   {\externalfigure[page-graphic]}
%
% \setlayer
%   [page] [right] [preset=righttop]
%   {\externalfigure[page-graphic]}
%
% \startstandardmakeup
%   flush a page
% \stopstandardmakeup

% to show bleeding:

\setuppapersize
   [A4][A3]

\setuplayout
   [location=middle]

\setupbackgrounds
   [page][frame=on]

% add this in order to clip

\setuplayout
   [clipoffset=\measure{page-bleed}]

@ 2005-01-30 21:41                                     ` h h extern
From: h h extern @ 2005-01-30 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ciro A. Soto wrote:
> Sorry, I made a typo error. The title of the book I am
> reading is "Goodbye Gutenberg" by Valerie
> Kirschenbaum.
> A book I recommend for any person interested in
> book design, typography, history, reading, fonts, etc.

hm, i dunno that one; sounds kind of sad, this 'goodbye' -)

i wonder if it makes sense to add a biblography corner to the wiki, where users
can enter/describe

- good books about typography
- books with special (nice) typography

so that ww have a nice 'example' bibliographic test file as well (xml version as
well as bibtex one)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Russia (cyrillic letters)
@ 2005-01-30 21:55                                 ` h h extern
From: h h extern @ 2005-01-30 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mikael Persson wrote:

> Hm, I am entering utf8 code. I am not sure how it got converted in the
> email, however, when I type my .tex file I am sure that it is in
> utf-8. But you mean that this example should work?
>
> I attatch the testfile and the resulting pdf and logs and so on...

tracing shows that the utf part is okay:

\enableregime[utf]

% \definetypeface [russian]
%   [rm] [serif] [computer-modern] [default] [encoding=t2a]
%
% \setupbodyfont[russian]

\starttext

\startbuffer
Мама и Папа % Some russian characters
\stopbuffer

\chardef\utfunicodetracer=0 \blank \getbuffer \blank
\chardef\utfunicodetracer=2 \blank \getbuffer \blank
\chardef\utfunicodetracer=7 \blank \getbuffer \blank

\stoptext

but i cannot test the font part, can you send me a zip with your t2a tfm files
and map file and enc file?

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

[-- Attachment #2: u-test.pdf --]

[-- Attachment #3: u-test.tex --]

* Re: Russia (cyrillic letters)
@ 2005-01-31 20:21                                   ` Mikael Persson
From: Mikael Persson @ 2005-01-31 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 22:55:51 +0100, h h extern <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
> Mikael Persson wrote:
>
> > Hm, I am entering utf8 code. I am not sure how it got converted in the
> > email, however, when I type my .tex file I am sure that it is in
> > utf-8. But you mean that this example should work?
> >
> > I attatch the testfile and the resulting pdf and logs and so on...
>
> tracing shows that the utf part is okay:
>
> \enableregime[utf]
>
> % \definetypeface [russian]
> %   [rm] [serif] [computer-modern] [default] [encoding=t2a]
> %
> % \setupbodyfont[russian]
>
> \starttext
>
> \startbuffer
> Мама и Папа % Some russian characters
> \stopbuffer
>
> \chardef\utfunicodetracer=0 \blank \getbuffer \blank
> \chardef\utfunicodetracer=2 \blank \getbuffer \blank
> \chardef\utfunicodetracer=7 \blank \getbuffer \blank
>
> \stoptext
>
> but i cannot test the font part, can you send me a zip with your t2a tfm files
> and map file and enc file?
>
> Hans

Just for information (mostly to the ones reading this email list from
archives). It now works using utf input and get. A minimal file:

% start of test file %
\enableregime[utf]
\useencoding[cyr]

\definetypeface [russian]
  [rm] [serif] [computer-modern] [default] [encoding=t2a]

\setupbodyfont[russian]
\starttext
Мама и Папа  % Some russian characters
\stoptext
% stop of test file %

For this to work, you have to generate the tfm-files if you do not
already have them (which can be done with the afm2tfm util).

Thanks Hans and Adam for the fast replies to get this working :)

/Micke P

* Re: Russia (cyrillic letters)
@ 2005-02-13 10:39   ` Rob Ermers
From: Rob Ermers @ 2005-02-13 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks Mikael for your advise.

However, I have a 1000 page document which I have been typesetting in
Latex thusfar, and I am considering shifting to Context.

There are some other things to say about this project, but the first
step would be to get koi8 working.

I have attached my sample file.

Kind regards,

Robert

Mikael Persson wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 10:34:22 +0100, Rob Ermers <r.ermers@hccnet.nl> wrote:
>
>>Dear Contexers,
>>
>>I am still struggling with a Russian text in koi8.
>>The sample below, which I partially copied (from Mikael Persson's site)
>>does not work.
>>
>>Can anyone help me out?
>>
>>Kind regards
>>
>>Robert Ermers
>>
>>-----------
>>
>>\enableregime[koi8-r]
>>\useencoding[cyr]
>>
>>\definetypeface [russian]
>>   [rm] [serif] [computer-modern] [default] [encoding=t2a]
>>
>>\definetypeface [swedish]
>>   [rm] [serif] [latin-modern] [default] [encoding=texnansi]
>>
>>\setupbodyfont[russian]
>>
>>\starttext
>>Some swedish text:
>>
>>{\switchtobodyfont[swedish]Jag tycker att Katja studerar d\aring ligt.}
>>
>>Some russian text:
>>
>>ÂÌÁÇÏÓÌÏ×ÉÔ áÌÌÁÈ ÅÇÏ É ÅÇÏ ÂÌÉÖÎÉÈ ÂÌÁÇÏÒÏÄÎÅÊÛÅÇÏ ÐÒÏÉÓÈÏÖÄÅÎÉÑ É
>>ÄÁÒÕÅÔ ÉÍ ÍÉÒ
>>
>>%this sample works, but it's not koi8: Ìèå êàæåòñÿ, ÷òî Êàòÿ ïëîõî ó÷èòñÿ.
>>\stoptext
>>

> Hm, there seems to be a problem somewhere, saving a file on my
> computer, uploading it to the web-server, downloading it to your place
> and opening it. It is probably the web server that tells it is not
> koi8-r but iso8859-1 or something. However, the koi8-r is not yet
> working. What is working is the Windows-1251 encoding, as in the
> example (ok, type your own russian characters and be sure to save the
> file in Windows-1251 encoding). I would recommend though, to use utf-8
> as described at http://contextgarden.net/Russian . I should probably
> remove my page and refer to the one at contextgarden instead.
>
> I had a conversation with Hans about adding support for koi8r aswell,
> but I don't know exactly what to do. If somebody tells me, then I'll
> do it.
>
> /Micke P
>
> PS I spoke to another russian I know, who is a Windows person. She
> told me that they use the Windows-1251 encoding at her department,
> contrary to the first russian I asked who said koi8r was the most
> common...

[-- Attachment #2: rus-example.tex --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 516 bytes --]

@ 2005-02-13  9:40 ` Mikael Persson
From: Mikael Persson @ 2005-02-13  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2005-02-13  9:34 Rob Ermers