* Contest for ConTeXt?
@ 2005-11-20 10:43 Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2005-11-20 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5 nov. 2005, at 9:03, Mikael Persson wrote:
> Hello
>
> *snip*
>
> " What do you do with ConTeXT?"
>
> I am mostly playing around abit. However, since I work with math it is
> mostly something that has to do with math. Some examples:

Hi Mikael,

I had a look at your nice sudoku example mentioned in your message to
the thread "Mini survey...", that is:
http://hurf.mine.nu/micke/tex/sudoku.pdf (with fill-ins)
http://hurf.mine.nu/micke/tex/gp28aug.pdf (with solution steps)

I saw that there is a distraction contest on the PracTeX journal for
creating sudokus with TeX, and thought your solution using ConTeXt
would be a very nice contribution. See
http://tug.org/pracjourn/2005-4/distract/

Best regards: OK

* Re: Contest for ConTeXt?
@ 2005-11-20 17:21 ` Mikael Persson
From: Mikael Persson @ 2005-11-20 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 11/20/05, Otared Kavian <otared@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5 nov. 2005, at 9:03, Mikael Persson wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > *snip*
> >
> > " What do you do with ConTeXT?"
> >
> > I am mostly playing around abit. However, since I work with math it is
> > mostly something that has to do with math. Some examples:
>

> Hi Mikael,
>
> I had a look at your nice sudoku example mentioned in your message to
> the thread "Mini survey...", that is:
> http://hurf.mine.nu/micke/tex/sudoku.pdf (with fill-ins)
> http://hurf.mine.nu/micke/tex/gp28aug.pdf (with solution steps)
>
> I saw that there is a distraction contest on the PracTeX journal for
> creating sudokus with TeX, and thought your solution using ConTeXt
> would be a very nice contribution. See
> http://tug.org/pracjourn/2005-4/distract/
>
> Best regards: OK

Hello Otared,

thank you for suggesting this! I am glad you liked the sudokus.
However, the one with solution steps are generated from a python
script (and thus don't qualify for the contest), and the other one is
too simple, I think (+ I have been TeX:ing for more than one year).

Best regards, Micke P