* embedding multipage pdf
@ 2006-01-25 16:27 andrea valle
From: andrea valle @ 2006-01-25 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi to all,

I'm preparing a (standard) musical score.
I've scored the music with lilypond and I have as output an A3 pdf of
many pages.
My idea was to create the cover and the other information pages
surrounding the music with Context.
In fact, I happily prepared my A3 context pages and I was trying to
include the music pdf in the resulting tex file .
I simply put my pdf in \externalfigure: it works, but only for first
page.

How do I include all the pdf?

I can solve printing the pages from the context and lilypond output
files, and then gluing the resulting paper, but I'd like to have an
integrated source file to be printed.

Thanks a lot

-a-

Andrea Valle
DAMS - Facoltà di Scienze della Formazione
Università degli Studi di Torino
http://www.semiotiche.it/andrea
andrea.valle@unito.it

* Re: embedding multipage pdf
@ 2006-01-25 16:35 ` Mikael Persson
From: Mikael Persson @ 2006-01-25 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Andrea,

the page

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Including_pages_from_PDF_document

has been very helpful for me when inserting pdf pages.

Best regards, Mikael Persson

On 1/25/06, andrea valle <valle@di.unito.it> wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> I'm preparing a (standard) musical score.
> I've scored the music with lilypond and I have as output an A3 pdf of
> many pages.
> My idea was to create the cover and the other information pages
> surrounding the music with Context.
> In fact, I happily prepared my A3 context pages and I was trying to
> include the music pdf in the resulting tex file .
> I simply put my pdf in \externalfigure: it works, but only for first
> page.
>
> How do I include all the pdf?
>
> I can solve printing the pages from the context and lilypond output
> files, and then gluing the resulting paper, but I'd like to have an
> integrated source file to be printed.
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> -a-
>

> Andrea Valle
> DAMS - Facoltà di Scienze della Formazione
> Università degli Studi di Torino
> http://www.semiotiche.it/andrea
> andrea.valle@unito.it

* Re: embedding multipage pdf
@ 2006-01-25 17:28   ` andrea valle
From: andrea valle @ 2006-01-25 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks Mikael,
sorry, I didn't think about wiki.

So I solved using copypages.

The only thing is that it seems to me that even if I use scale=1000 (or
if I leave it untouched) the copied pdf seems to be scled the same
(it's smaller than original).

Why?

-a-

@ 2006-01-25 17:33     ` Mikael Persson
From: Mikael Persson @ 2006-01-25 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi again Andrea,

Could the reason be that you have margins/similar things? With the
following I see no differences of the files pauli.pdf, dirac.pdf and
the resulting file.

\setuppagenumbering[state=stop]
\setuplayout[
width=210mm,
height=297mm,
margin=0cm,
header=0cm,
footer=0cm,
topspace=0cm,
backspace=0cm,
]
\starttext
\insertpages[pauli.pdf][n=18]
\page[odd]
\insertpages[dirac.pdf][n=24]
\stoptext

Best regards, Micke P

On 1/25/06, andrea valle <valle@di.unito.it> wrote:
> Thanks Mikael,
> sorry, I didn't think about wiki.
>
> So I solved using copypages.
>
> The only thing is that it seems to me that even if I use scale=1000 (or
> if I leave it untouched) the copied pdf seems to be scled the same
> (it's smaller than original).
>
> Why?
>
> -a-
>
> On 25 Jan 2006, at 17:35, Mikael Persson wrote:
>
> > http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Including_pages_from_PDF_document
> Andrea Valle
> DAMS - Facoltà di Scienze della Formazione
> Università degli Studi di Torino
> http://www.semiotiche.it/andrea
> andrea.valle@unito.it

* Re: embedding multipage pdf
@ 2006-01-25 17:36     ` VnPenguin
From: VnPenguin @ 2006-01-25 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 1/25/06, andrea valle <valle@di.unito.it> wrote:
> Thanks Mikael,
> sorry, I didn't think about wiki.
>
> So I solved using copypages.
>
> The only thing is that it seems to me that even if I use scale=1000 (or
> if I leave it untouched) the copied pdf seems to be scled the same
> (it's smaller than original).
>
> Why?

Because of margins of current page ?

--
http://vnoss.org
Vietnamese Open Source Software Community

* Re: embedding multipage pdf
@ 2006-01-25 22:42       ` andrea valle
From: andrea valle @ 2006-01-25 22:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

(ah, I understand).

Thanks as usual to all for extra-fast responses.

Best

-a-