* Placing pagenumer with coordinates (layers)
@ 2021-09-21 10:24 Huseyin Özoguz via ntg-context
From: Huseyin Özoguz via ntg-context @ 2021-09-21 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello dear context-enthusiasts,

I want to place the pagenumber on a double-sided project with
coordinates. I tried the layer-mechanism:

\setuppagenumbering[location=]

\definelayer
   [pagenumber]
   [width=\paperwidth,
    height=\paperheight,
    location={left,top},
    x=120mm,y=220mm,
    doublesided=yes]

\startsetups layer
\setlayer[pagenumber][even]{\pagenumber}
\stopsetups

\setupbackgrounds[page][setups=layer,background={pagenumber}]

\starttext
~\page~\page~\page
\stoptext

And it works, but only for the left (even) page. On the right page I
want to place the pagenumber on different coordinates. I tried to copy
the layer and then change [even] to [odd] with different coordinates,
but that did not work (no pagenumber printed). What do you suggest?

Thank you.
Huseyin

* Re: Placing pagenumer with coordinates (layers)
@ 2021-09-21 14:18 ` Wolfgang Schuster via ntg-context
From: Wolfgang Schuster via ntg-context @ 2021-09-21 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Huseyin Özoguz via ntg-context schrieb am 21.09.2021 um 12:24:
> Hello dear context-enthusiasts,
>
> I want to place the pagenumber on a double-sided project with
> coordinates. I tried the layer-mechanism:
>
> \setuppagenumbering[location=]
>
> \definelayer
>    [pagenumber]
>    [width=\paperwidth,
>     height=\paperheight,
>     location={left,top},
>     x=120mm,y=220mm,
>     doublesided=yes]
>
> \startsetups layer
> \setlayer[pagenumber][even]{\pagenumber}
> \stopsetups
>
> \setupbackgrounds[page][setups=layer,background={pagenumber}]
>
> \starttext
> ~\page~\page~\page
> \stoptext
>

> And it works, but only for the left (even) page. On the right page I
> want to place the pagenumber on different coordinates. I tried to copy
> the layer and then change [even] to [odd] with different coordinates,
> but that did not work (no pagenumber printed). What do you suggest?

Use a doublesided layout.

\setuppagenumbering
   [alternative={singlesided,doublesided},
    location=none]

\definelayer
   [pagenumber]
   [width=\paperwidth,
    height=\paperheight,
    x=12cm,
    y=22cm,
    doublesided=yes]

\startsetups layer
     \setlayer[pagenumber][even][preset=lefttop]{\pagenumber}
     \setlayer[pagenumber][odd][preset=righttop]{\pagenumber}
\stopsetups

\setupbackgrounds[page][setups=layer,background=pagenumber]

\starttext
\dorecurse{10}{\page[dummy]}
\stoptext

Wolfgang