* register sorting
@ 2016-05-24 11:33 Manuel Conzelmann
From: Manuel Conzelmann @ 2016-05-24 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

hi everybody,

if i place a register at the end of my document its sorted by page
numbers and not alphabetically. someone has an idea how to achieve this
(from A to Z)?

if it would be sorted alphabetically there would be only one indicator
per letter:

A B C D E F G ....

at the moment it looks like

B C P A B W J A

thx and greetz
manu

* Re: register sorting
@ 2010-11-04  9:46   ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2010-11-04  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

I tested all the combinations that Jano set up (see below) and additionally tried the same, but used ch instead of uc.

But none of these runs gave this sorting result:

East Prussia
Eastern enlargement
East-West Institute

I would would sort it  this way, but maybe I am simply wrong?

Regards, Steffen

* Re: register sorting
@ 2010-10-30  0:33 ` Jano Kula
From: Jano Kula @ 2010-10-30  0:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

@ 2010-10-29 20:39 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2010-10-29 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just installed todays beta and I am not sure if regoster sorting is working properly.

Eg. I modify (see below) the example from tricky-002.tex and I would like to achieve ...

accession
Action Plan
association

But none of the four methods (before, after, first, last) gives this result!!

What is wrong?

Steffen

-------

\starttext

\subject{before : Oo Öo oo öo} \placeregister[index][language=en,method=before] \par
\subject{after  : oo öo Oo Öo} \placeregister[index][language=en,method=after]  \par
\subject{first  : Oo oo Öo öo} \placeregister[index][language=en,method=last]   \par
\subject{last   : oo Oo öo Öo} \placeregister[index][language=en,method=first]  \par

\dorecurse {3} {
   \page \recurselevel:
       \index{Action plans} \index{association} \index{accession} \index{bOo} \index{bõö} \index{bõo} \index{boö}
       \index{oo}  \index{öo}  \index{Oo}  \index{Öo}
   done
}

\stoptext