* bibliography tool
@ 2014-06-28 12:09 Gour
From: Gour @ 2014-06-28 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I was browsing docs in the contextgarden but not sure what is available
for handling bibliography in ConTeXt today?

Afaict, RefTeX is for LaTeX only, I recall there was(is).

(My dev environment is Debian Linux/Emacs/AUCTeX.)

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Whatever action a great man performs, common men follow. And
whatever standards he sets by exemplary acts, all the world pursues.

* Re: bibliography tool
@ 2014-06-29 14:07 ` Gour
From: Gour @ 2014-06-29 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Gour <gour@atmarama.net> writes:

> I was browsing docs in the contextgarden but not sure what is available
> for handling bibliography in ConTeXt today?

Just a note that I've found the desired page(s), but my usage of Search
engine at contextgarden was a bitz faulty. :-(

--
One who works in devotion, who is a pure soul, and who controls
his mind and senses is dear to everyone, and everyone is dear to

* Re: bibliography tool
@ 2014-06-30 13:55   ` Jean Magnan de Bornier
From: Jean Magnan de Bornier @ 2014-06-30 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Le 29 juin à 16:07:20 Gour <gour@atmarama.net> écrit notamment:

| Just a note that I've found the desired page(s)

Please share your precious findings!
--
Jean

* Re: bibliography tool
@ 2014-06-30 14:35     ` Gour
From: Gour @ 2014-06-30 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Jean Magnan de Bornier <jm.bornier@free.fr> writes:

> Please share your precious findings!

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Bibliography

Sincerely,
Gour

--
A person is considered still further advanced when he regards honest
well-wishers, affectionate benefactors, the neutral, mediators, the envious,

* Re: bibliography tool
@ 2014-06-30 15:03       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2014-06-30 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 6/30/2014 4:35 PM, Gour wrote:
> Jean Magnan de Bornier <jm.bornier@free.fr> writes:
>
>> Please share your precious findings!
>
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Bibliography

beware: the mkii derived bibliograpic support for mkiv is replaced so
that page is kind of obsolete (the new manual is in the distribution)

the bib pages on the wiki will be replaced (also pending a better split
between mkii and mkiv pages)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: bibliography tool
@ 2014-06-30 15:29         ` Gour
From: Gour @ 2014-06-30 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> writes:

> beware: the mkii derived bibliograpic support for mkiv is replaced so
> that page is kind of obsolete (the new manual is in the distribution)

You mean this one http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Bibliography_mkiv is
also obsolete?

Where is the new manual and is the manual going to be published in paper
form?

> the bib pages on the wiki will be replaced (also pending a better
> split between mkii and mkiv pages)

It looks as ConTeXt (MkIV) is really becoming premiere typesetting
system!!

Sincerely,
Gour

--
The embodied soul may be restricted from sense enjoyment,
though the taste for sense objects remains. But, ceasing

* Re: bibliography tool
@ 2014-06-30 15:33           ` Wolfgang Schuster
                               ` (2 more replies)
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2014-06-30 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 30.06.2014 um 17:29 schrieb Gour <gour@atmarama.net>:

> Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> writes:
>
>> beware: the mkii derived bibliograpic support for mkiv is replaced so
>> that page is kind of obsolete (the new manual is in the distribution)
>
> You mean this one http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Bibliography_mkiv is
> also obsolete?
>
> Where is the new manual and is the manual going to be published in paper
> form?

There should be a pdf named mkiv-publications.pdf in your context directory.

Wolfgang

* Re: bibliography tool
@ 2014-06-30 15:47             ` Gour
From: Gour @ 2014-06-30 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com> writes:

> There should be a pdf named mkiv-publications.pdf in your context directory.

I'm using Debian (Sid), but there is, afaict, no such pdf.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
A person is said to be elevated in yoga when, having renounced
all material desires, he neither acts for sense gratification

* Re: bibliography tool
@ 2014-06-30 18:29             ` Jean Magnan de Bornier
From: Jean Magnan de Bornier @ 2014-06-30 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Le 30 juin à 17:33:12 Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com> écrit notamment:

| There should be a pdf named mkiv-publications.pdf in your context directory.

Ah great, I had not noticed it before!
Thanks Wolfgang
--
Jean

* Re: bibliography tool
@ 2014-06-30 18:44               ` Joshua Krämer
From: Joshua Krämer @ 2014-06-30 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context-wvrSQK3plZs

On 2014-06-30, 17:47, Gour wrote:

> I'm using Debian (Sid), but there is, afaict, no such pdf.

In the ConTeXt minimals distribution, the file resides in the
folder ..../tex/texmf-context/doc/context/manuals/allkind/.

If you use a Debian package of ConTeXt, look in the system-wide texmf
directory, which should be something like /usr/share/texmf/, and in the
system-wide documentation directory, which should be something
like /usr/share/doc/.

Kind regards,
Joshua

* Re: bibliography tool
@ 2014-07-01  7:43                 ` Gour
From: Gour @ 2014-07-01  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Joshua Krämer <joshua.kraemer@gmail.com>
writes:

> If you use a Debian package of ConTeXt, look in the system-wide texmf
> directory, which should be something like /usr/share/texmf/, and in the
> system-wide documentation directory, which should be something
> like /usr/share/doc/.

Didn't find it, but got it offline list from Wolfgang.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Even if you are considered to be the most sinful of all sinners,
when you are situated in the boat of transcendental knowledge

* Re: bibliography tool
@ 2016-05-22  8:25             ` Meer, Hans van der
From: Meer, Hans van der @ 2016-05-22  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt

> On 30 Jun 2014, at 17:33, Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Am 30.06.2014 um 17:29 schrieb Gour <gour@atmarama.net>:
>
>> Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> writes:
>>
>>> beware: the mkii derived bibliograpic support for mkiv is replaced so
>>> that page is kind of obsolete (the new manual is in the distribution)
>>
>> You mean this one http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Bibliography_mkiv is
>> also obsolete?
>>
>> Where is the new manual and is the manual going to be published in paper
>> form?
>

> There should be a pdf named mkiv-publications.pdf in your context directory.

This no longer seems to be true. I cannot find such a document in directory
   /tex/texmf-context/doc/context/documents/general/manuals
nor have I found the sources in the corresponding directory.
I presume this is "Bibliographies the ConTeXt Way" by Hans Hagen and Alan Braslau I got from somewhere (and alas forgot wherefrom).

It would be nice to have it there, because if time permits I intend to play with the new bib-macros in order to familiarize with them.

Hans van der Meer

* Re: bibliography tool
@ 2016-05-22 13:12               ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-05-22 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 5/22/2016 10:25 AM, Meer, Hans van der wrote:

>> On 30 Jun 2014, at 17:33, Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> You mean this one http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Bibliography_mkiv is
>>> also obsolete?
>>>
>>> Where is the new manual and is the manual going to be published in paper
>>> form?
>>

>> There should be a pdf named mkiv-publications.pdf in your context directory.
>>

> This no longer seems to be true. I cannot find such a document in directory
>    /tex/texmf-context/doc/context/documents/general/manuals
> nor have I found the sources in the corresponding directory.
> I presume this is "Bibliographies the ConTeXt Way" by Hans Hagen and Alan Braslau I got from somewhere (and alas forgot wherefrom).

because it's awaiting an update ...

> It would be nice to have it there, because if time permits I intend to play with the new bib-macros in order to familiarize with them.

it will be there once alan and i catched up

Hans