* definefallbackfamily stopped working for text fonts
@ 2018-08-28  1:49 Henri Menke
From: Henri Menke @ 2018-08-28  1:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

In the latest beta the font fallback using a text font in math mode does
not work anymore.  The log contains messages like

char 𝑐 (U+1D450) in font 'MinionPro-It' with id 8: missing
char 𝑎 (U+1D44E) in font 'MinionPro-It' with id 8: missing
char 𝑏 (U+1D44F) in font 'MinionPro-It' with id 8: missing

which is not surprising because a text font does not have math italics.
How can I get this to work again?  MWE below.

Cheers, Henri

---

\definefontfamily [mainface] [rm] [Minion Pro]

\definefallbackfamily [mainface] [math] [Minion Pro]
[math:lowercaseitalic] [force=yes]
\definefallbackfamily [mainface] [math] [Minion Pro] [math:digitsnormal]
   [force=yes]
\definefontfamily     [mainface] [math] [TeX Gyre Pagella Math]

\setupbodyfont[mainface]

\starttext
\input ward

\startformula
  c^2 = a^2 + b^2
\stopformula

\stoptext

[-- Attachment #2: pEpkey.asc --]

* Re: definefallbackfamily stopped working for text fonts
@ 2018-08-28  8:14 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2018-08-28  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 8/28/2018 3:49 AM, Henri Menke wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> In the latest beta the font fallback using a text font in math mode does
> not work anymore.  The log contains messages like
>
> char 𝑐 (U+1D450) in font 'MinionPro-It' with id 8: missing
> char 𝑎 (U+1D44E) in font 'MinionPro-It' with id 8: missing
> char 𝑏 (U+1D44F) in font 'MinionPro-It' with id 8: missing
>
> which is not surprising because a text font does not have math italics.
> How can I get this to work again?  MWE below.

Isn't it

\definefallbackfamily
     [mainface] [math] [Minion Pro]
     [range=lowercaseitalic,force=yes]