From: Keith McKay <mckaymeister@gmail.com>
	Henning Hraban Ramm <texml@fiee.net>
Subject: [NTG-context] Re: your opinion about list structures
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 15:18:41 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Hraban

Here are my thoughts on your ConTeXt Book.

[TOC] Definitely only show Chapters and Appendices. A list of sections
could go under the Chapter Title, it would more useful there. I don't
think there is also a need include sub-sections, (if you have them) it
could make the list inordinately long.

[Registers] My own preference would be a command and a topic index if
only for convenience sake.

[Glossary] I don't think an index of abbreviations is necessary if they
are already in the index.

[Other Lists] I don't think a list of colours is necessary, you could
just point them to the wiki.

Just my thoughts, and I look forward to read the English version of your
book. (smiling)

Best Wishes

Keith McKay

p.s. It's been so long since I worked with technical books that I would
have to blow the dust off them.