* verify if you are already postponing notes
@ 2021-02-15 18:14 mf
From: mf @ 2021-02-15 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,
I'm typesetting XHTML and there is a couple of cases (tables and math),
where I use \postponenotes ... \flushnotes in both their XML setups.

The problem arises when I have math inside the cell of a table, so I get
those commands nested:

\postponenotes % <table> element

\postponenotes % <span class="math"> element inside a cell

\flushnotes % </span> closing math

\flushnotes % </table> closing table

With CSS selectors or XML machinery I can find those corner cases, but
something like this would be better because more general:

\doifnotpostponingnotes{\postponenotes}

\dofipostponingnotes{\flushnotes}

Is there a way to define those \doif... macros?

Massi

* Re: verify if you are already postponing notes
@ 2021-02-15 18:21 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2021-02-15 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2/15/2021 7:14 PM, mf wrote:
> Dear list,
> I'm typesetting XHTML and there is a couple of cases (tables and math),
> where I use \postponenotes ... \flushnotes in both their XML setups.
>
> The problem arises when I have math inside the cell of a table, so I get
> those commands nested:
>
> \postponenotes % <table> element
>
> \postponenotes % <span class="math"> element inside a cell
>
> \flushnotes % </span> closing math
>
> \flushnotes % </table> closing table
>
> With CSS selectors or XML machinery I can find those corner cases, but
> something like this would be better because more general:
>
> \doifnotpostponingnotes{\postponenotes}
>
> \dofipostponingnotes{\flushnotes}
>
> Is there a way to define those \doif... macros?
mkiv:

\ifconditional\postponingnotes
\else
\fi