* Build fails on fresh installs
@ 2021-03-20 19:11 Thangalin
From: Thangalin @ 2021-03-20 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

VirtualBox 6.1.18 + ConTeXt
Perform OS installations using defaults and the following values:

   - Set regular username to: username
   - Set guest computer name to: computer

Use ConTeXt binaries appropriate for OS:

   - FreeBSD -
   http://lmtx.pragma-ade.nl/install-lmtx/context-freebsd-amd64.zip
   - Xubuntu/Debian -
   http://lmtx.pragma-ade.nl/install-lmtx/context-linux-64.zip

ConTeXt version 2021.03.20 01:07. See questions at the end.

Instructions
After an OS is installed, complete the following steps:

   1. Start VirtualBox
   2. Install ISO
   3. Log in as root
   4. Open a terminal
   5. Install wget
   6. Install gcc
   7. Install Guest Additions (to enable copy/paste between guest/host)
   8. Log in as username
   9. Open a terminal
   10. mkdir context
   11. cd context
   12. Download OS-specific ConTeXt binary
   13. unzip *zip
   14. sh install.sh
   15. Export PATH environment variable (OS-specific; see below)
   16. context --version
   17. mkdir -p ../tex
   18. cd ../tex
   19. Create "hello.tex": \starttext Hello \stoptext
   20. context hello.tex
   21. Stop VirtualBox

Expected
A hello.pdf file is created.

Actual
Build fails.

resolvers       > lua > loading file
'/home/username/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkxl/spac-hor.lmt'
succeeded
tex error       > tex error on line 25 in file spac-hor.mkxl: Undefined
control sequence
<line 3.25> \bitwiseflip \normalizelinemode \flattendiscretionariescode
The control sequence at the end of the top line of your error message was
never \def'ed. You can just continue as I'll forget about whatever was
undefined.
mtx-context     | error, no format found with name: cont-en, aborting

Debian 10.8.0

   -
   https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current-live/amd64/iso-hybrid/debian-live-10.8.0-amd64-xfce.iso

Additional instructions:

   - usermod -aG sudo username
   - apt install wget gcc
   - export PATH=/home/username/context/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin:$PATH

Xubuntu 20.04.2

   -
   http://mirror.us.leaseweb.net/ubuntu-cdimage/xubuntu/releases/20.04/release/xubuntu-20.04.2.0-desktop-amd64.iso

Additional instructions:

   - usermod -aG sudo username
   - apt install wget gcc
   - export PATH=/home/username/context/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin:$PATH

FreeBSD 12.2

   -
   https://download.freebsd.org/ftp/releases/amd64/amd64/ISO-IMAGES/12.2/FreeBSD-12.2-RELEASE-amd64-dvd1.iso.xz

Additional instructions:

   - pkg install security/sudo
   - pkg install wget gcc xor slim xfce
   - pw group mod wheel -m username
   - visudo (add username to sudoers)
   - export PATH=/home/username/context/tex/texmf-freebsd-amd64/bin:$PATH

Are there additional requirements that must be installed? If so, what are
they and is there a way for ConTeXt itself to list them for the user?

Thank you!

* Re: Build fails on fresh installs
@ 2021-03-20 21:25 ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2021-03-20 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 3/20/21 8:11 PM, Thangalin wrote:
> [...]
> Actual
> Build fails.
>
> resolvers       > lua > loading file
> '/home/username/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkxl/spac-hor.lmt'
> succeeded
> tex error       > tex error on line 25 in file spac-hor.mkxl: Undefined
> control sequence
> <line 3.25> \bitwiseflip \normalizelinemode \flattendiscretionariescode
> The control sequence at the end of the top line of your error message
> was never \def'ed. You can just continue as I'll forget about whatever
> was undefined.
> mtx-context     | error, no format found with name: cont-en, aborting

This thread
(https://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2021/101645.html) reports
the same problem.

Latest from today has this problem either installing it from scratch or
updating it.

You need the binaries for Linux that Wolfgang provided (Linux and
Windows only):
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/liggfcfulksscvf/AAD1gIlsRaKFSUIebDx2vxiLa?dl=0.

Pablo
--