* formula in itemlist
@ 2006-01-19 10:52 Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2006-01-19 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

I want to place a math formula in the item of an itemlist, but I keep
getting overfull hboxes.
A minimal  example follows:

\starttext
	\startitemize
	\item dit is een
	\item dit is een formule
	\placeformula[-]
	\startformula
		n= 0		% this is line 7
\stopformula
	\stopitemize
\stoptext

in the log it says:

Overfull \hbox (17.62474pt too wide) in paragraph at lines 7--7
[][]

\hbox(10.41603+4.05064)x0.0
.\glue(\leftskip) 17.62474
.\hbox(0.0+0.0)x0.0
.\hbox(10.41603+4.05064)x0.0
..\rule(10.41603+4.05064)x0.0
..\glue 0.0 plus 1.0fil minus 1.0fil
.\penalty 10000
.\glue(\parfillskip) 0.0 plus 1.0fil
.etc.

Removing the "\placeformula" makes no difference.

Although a fallback to $$ n = 0 $$ makes the overfull hbox go away,
it does not seem the "ConTeXt" way of doing.
Is this something in formula about not changing a hbox-width inside
the itemize?

yours sincerely,
dr. H. van der Meer

* Re: formula in itemlist
@ 2006-01-19 13:53 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-01-19 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans van der Meer wrote:

> I want to place a math formula in the item of an itemlist, but I keep
> getting overfull hboxes.
> A minimal  example follows:
>
> \starttext
>     \startitemize
>     \item dit is een
>     \item dit is een formule
>     \placeformula[-]
>     \startformula
>         n= 0        % this is line 7
> \stopformula
>     \stopitemize
> \stoptext
>
> in the log it says:
>
> Overfull \hbox (17.62474pt too wide) in paragraph at lines 7--7
> [][]
>
> \hbox(10.41603+4.05064)x0.0
> .\glue(\leftskip) 17.62474
> .\hbox(0.0+0.0)x0.0
> .\hbox(10.41603+4.05064)x0.0
> ..\rule(10.41603+4.05064)x0.0
> ..\glue 0.0 plus 1.0fil minus 1.0fil
> .\penalty 10000
> .\glue(\parfillskip) 0.0 plus 1.0fil
> .etc.
>
> Removing the "\placeformula" makes no difference.
>
> Although a fallback to $$ n = 0 $$ makes the overfull hbox go away,
> it does not seem the "ConTeXt" way of doing.
> Is this something in formula about not changing a hbox-width inside
> the itemize?

not so much tested:

\def\setdisplaydimensions
  {\displayindent\leftdisplayskip
   \advance\displayindent\leftdisplaymargin
   \displaywidth\hsize
   \ifdim\hangindent>\zeropoint
     \advance\displayindent\hangindent
   \else
     \advance\displaywidth\hangindent
   \fi
   \advance\displaywidth-\displayindent
   \advance\displaywidth-\rightdisplayskip
   \advance\displaywidth-\rightdisplaymargin
   \hsize\displaywidth}

i'll also add an option to center at the page level and not locally

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: formula in itemlist
@ 2006-01-25  8:16   ` Nikolai Weibull
From: Nikolai Weibull @ 2006-01-25  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

> \def\setdisplaydimensions
>   {\displayindent\leftdisplayskip
>    \advance\displayindent\leftdisplaymargin
>    \displaywidth\hsize
>    \ifdim\hangindent>\zeropoint
>      \advance\displayindent\hangindent
>    \else
>      \advance\displaywidth\hangindent
>    \fi
>    \advance\displaywidth-\displayindent
>    \advance\displaywidth-\rightdisplayskip
>    \advance\displaywidth-\rightdisplaymargin
>    \hsize\displaywidth}
>
> i'll also add an option to center at the page level and not locally

Will this solve item 60 [1] in the collector?

  nikolai

1. http://context.literatesolutions.com/collector/60/pcng_issue_view

* Re: formula in itemlist
@ 2006-01-25  8:38     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-01-25  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nikolai Weibull wrote:
>>i'll also add an option to center at the page level and not locally
>

> Will this solve item 60 [1] in the collector?

Yes.

Taco

* Re: formula in itemlist
@ 2006-01-25 13:34       ` Nikolai Weibull
From: Nikolai Weibull @ 2006-01-25 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 1/25/06, Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com> wrote:

> Nikolai Weibull wrote:

> > > i'll also add an option to center at the page level and not locally

> > Will this solve item 60 [1] in the collector?

> Yes.

Awesome.

  nikolai