On 08/12/2019 17:35, Alan Braslau wrote: >> but otherwise as Floris suggests in his response, maybe we have to abandon MacOS in the near futureā€¦ > No, simply we need to adapt our procedures (installation scripts) to be compatible with MacOS policy. That is indeed part of the issue: these platforms want You to move away from the things that worked before and force you into closed areas that'll make you depend on them. Its a pattern and a waste of energy that could be better spend... (but one cannot force people to their luck ;-) .F