* [NTG-context] item list inside a blockquote
@ 2023-09-25 17:21 Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2023-09-25 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt users

Dear list,

I have the following sample:

    \setuppapersize[A6]
        \setupitemgroup
           [itemize][1]
           [   before={\blank[.125th]},
                after={\blank[.125th]}]
    \starttext
    one
    \startblockquote
    \startitemize
         \item a
    \stopitemize
    \stopblockquote
    two
    \stoptext

The blockquote disables the space after the list, but not before.

Have I hit a bug or am I missing something?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo

* [NTG-context] Re: item list inside a blockquote
@ 2023-09-26 10:52 ` gerard.degreve
From: gerard.degreve @ 2023-09-26 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

gerard.degreve:

Hello Pablo,

Just try to do this :
\setupitemgroup
[itemize][1]
[ before={\blank[.125th]},
after={\blank[.125th]}\strut]

Regards,

Gerard

Le 25-09-23 19:26:08, Pablo Rodriguez <oinos@gmx.es> a écrit :
Dear list,

I have the following sample:

\setuppapersize[A6]
\setupitemgroup
[itemize][1]
[ before={\blank[.125th]},
after={\blank[.125th]}]
\starttext
one
\startblockquote
\startitemize
\item a
\stopitemize
\stopblockquote
two
\stoptext

The blockquote disables the space after the list, but not before.

Have I hit a bug or am I missing something?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo

Cet e-mail a été vérifié par le logiciel antivirus d'Avast.

* [NTG-context] Re: item list inside a blockquote
@ 2023-09-26 18:32   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2023-09-26 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 9/26/23 12:52, gerard.degreve wrote:
> Hello Pablo,
>
> Just try to do this :
>> \setupitemgroup
>> [itemize][1]
>> [ before={\blank[.125th]},
>> after={\blank[.125th]}\strut]

Hi Gerard,

this also works with \null, but not well with small dimensions:

    \showframe\showgrid\showstruts
    \setuppapersize[A6]
        \setupitemgroup
           [itemize][1]
           [   before={\blank[quarterline]},
                after={\blank[quarterline]\null}]
    \starttext
    one
    \startblockquote
    \startitemize
         \item a.
    \stopitemize
    \stopblockquote
    two
    \stoptext

I tend to think this might be a bug.

Many thanks for your help again,

@ 2023-09-26 18:46     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2023-09-26 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Pablo Rodriguez schrieb am 26.09.2023 um 20:32:
> On 9/26/23 12:52, gerard.degreve wrote:
>> Hello Pablo,
>>
>> Just try to do this :
>>> \setupitemgroup
>>> [itemize][1]
>>> [ before={\blank[.125th]},
>>> after={\blank[.125th]}\strut]
> Hi Gerard,
>
> this also works with \null, but not well with small dimensions:
>
>      \showframe\showgrid\showstruts
>      \setuppapersize[A6]
>          \setupitemgroup
>             [itemize][1]
>             [   before={\blank[quarterline]},
>                  after={\blank[quarterline]\null}]
>      \starttext
>      one
>      \startblockquote
>      \startitemize
>           \item a.
>      \stopitemize
>      \stopblockquote
>      two
>      \stoptext
>
> I tend to think this might be a bug.

The \startblockquote command removes the last skip to ensure only the
space which is set by the environment appears in the output.

The default method to put some space before and after the environment is
to use the spacebefore and spaceafter keys.

%%%% begin example
\setupquotation
   [spacebefore=line,
     spaceafter=line]

\starttext

\samplefile{knuth}

\startblockquote
\samplefile{knuth-gpt}
\stopblockquote

\samplefile{knuthmath}

\stoptext
%%%% end example

It would interesting to know what you're trying to achieve with your
combination of itemize and blockquote.

Wolfgang

* [NTG-context] Re: item list inside a blockquote
@ 2023-09-26 19:28       ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2023-09-26 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt users

On 9/26/23 20:46, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> [...]
> The \startblockquote command removes the last skip to ensure only the
> space which is set by the environment appears in the output.

Many thanks for your explanation, Wolfgang.

> The default method to put some space before and after the environment is
> to use the spacebefore and spaceafter keys.

Now it is clear to me how the after and spaceafter differ in delimited
texts.

> It would interesting to know what you're trying to achieve with your
> combination of itemize and blockquote.

I’m quoting laws in footnotes, such as in:

   Relevant to the discusssion, see »Grundgesetz«, §73:	:

     Der Bund hat die ausschließliche Gesetzgebung über:

       1. die auswärtigen Angelegenheiten;
       2. die Staatsangehörigkeit im Bunde;
       3. [...]

I need to quote the legal text and the list inside the legal text.

BTW, German legislation is only a sample.

I hope it is clear now,

Pablo