Thanks Rik, I’ll install standalone ConTeXt along TexLive then. Is there any place I could find docs on \definecharacterspacing command please ? Could not find any occurrence on the Wiki. Many thanks Best regards Joseph Sent from Windows Mail From: Rik Kabel Sent: ‎Friday‎, ‎October‎ ‎23‎, ‎2015 ‎4‎:‎23‎ ‎PM To: ntg-context@ntg.nl On 2015-10-23 03:44, josephcanedo@gmail.com wrote: Hello all, Wondered if you could figure out what I did wrong with specifying the font. Asked question on TexExchange.org already, with samples. http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/274471/obtaining-features-from-ebgaramond-font-in-context I use texlive 2015 on Windows 8.1 Many thanks, Best regards Joseph Canedo First, some small changes to your example. Remove the enableregime directive; ConTeXt MKIV, which you appear to be using, does not use this. It is from ConTeXt MKII. Next, modify the definefontfeature and definefontfamily commands as shown. (The default features for the font are in the file type-imp-ebgaramond.mkiv.) That should be it to get started. \language[fr] % french hyphenation \definefontfeature[myfeatures][ss02=yes,cv01=yes,cv03=yes,ss05=yes,cv91=yes] \definefontfamily[mainfont][serif][EBGaramond][features={default,myfeatures}] \setupbodyfont[mainfont, 8pt] \starttext session univers Que Quelconque Joseph ¶ \stoptext TL15 has problems with EBGaramond. The best you will get is: With a more recent standalone version, you will get: If you are setting older texts, you may also want to take advantage of ConTeXt’s ability to automatically provide space before large punctuation characters using the definecharacterspacing command. One other note. Character variant 01 (cv01) is a very dull sword. The rules for the use of long-ſ are much too complex for it to handle. For a good overview of the issues, see Andrew West’s article in the TUGboat at https://www.tug.org/TUGboat/tb32-1/tb100west.pdf. In my opinion you are better off learning to insert it as needed in the text. -- Rik