* context tarball distribution?
@ 2018-01-15 14:59 Martin Fechner
From: Martin Fechner @ 2018-01-15 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

Our slightly paranoid system administrator refuses to pull context via
rsync on our development and production hosts. He says there's no
protection against someone who may tamper with the data on its transfer
like e.g. TLS-protected traffic via https.

So I got the following question from him:

Can ConTeXt be obtained as a tarball or zipfile? Preferably with version
identifiers in the name so he can ensure the parity of the installations
across severeal host.

Greetings, Martin

* Re: context tarball distribution?
@ 2018-01-15 17:04 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2018-01-15 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 1/15/2018 3:59 PM, Martin Fechner wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> Our slightly paranoid system administrator refuses to pull context via
> rsync on our development and production hosts. He says there's no
> protection against someone who may tamper with the data on its transfer
> like e.g. TLS-protected traffic via https.
>
> So I got the following question from him:
>
> Can ConTeXt be obtained as a tarball or zipfile? Preferably with version
> identifiers in the name so he can ensure the parity of the installations
> across severeal host.
why not download it on your own computer and then zip it; that way you
can satisfy all needs

there's a zip file on our website but it doesn't have the binaries (we
had that once but the garden rsync solution replaced that; it doesn't
pay off to offer all kind of variants)

Hans