I’m not sure if this ever worked, but at least in latest LMTX it doesn’t: """ \setupcolors[state=start,cmyk=yes,rgb=no,intent=overprint] \starttext \framed[ background=color, backgroundcolor=yellow, ]{\ss\bfd Black should always overprint. } \stoptext """ The black text and frame border don’t overprint the yellow background but knockout. The only way to check this (that I know of) is Acrobat Pro’s separation simulation; the screenshot shows a snippet of the yellow separation. Actually, setting “overprint” for all colors doesn’t make sense, it should be a setting for single color (but default for black): % desired interface: \definecolor[overBlack][k=1,intent=overprint] Hraban