* modules not found
@ 2021-09-08 10:46 Hans van der Meer via ntg-context
From: Hans van der Meer via ntg-context @ 2021-09-08 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt; +Cc: Hans van der Meer

Here is something I do not understand about \usemodule.

My modules are in two places because I wanted development and production separated:
(1) Volume/TeX/texmf/modules/
(2) Volume/TeX/texmf/modules-new/

Unexpected and suddenly loading files from the first directory does not occur any longer: modules > 'hvdm-tak' is not found
But modules from modules-new load without a hitch:  modules > 'hvdm-load' is loaded

I have discard the caches and rebuilt them to no avail. Then trying mtxrun --locate filename does not show any location not even from the files that are loaded, just an empty line.
What happens inside \usemodule to cause this? I confess being baffled. And how to convince ConTeXt to find all my modules?

dr. Hans van der Meer

* Re: modules not found
@ 2021-09-08 10:53 ` Hans van der Meer via ntg-context
From: Hans van der Meer via ntg-context @ 2021-09-08 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt; +Cc: Hans van der Meer

Further investigation seems to indicate that the module files are not found when initiating the context run from another directory. Though previously this was no problem.
I have moved the whole ConTeXt machinery from $HOME to another volume. Could that cause the problem? Allthough I set their location in the .bashrc.
# The current version of the ConTeXt luametatex in use:
CONTEXTLMTX=/Volumes/REALM/TeX/context
export CONTEXTLMTX
PATH=$CONTEXTLMTX/tex/texmf-osx-64/bin:$PATH ; export PATH

dr. Hans van der Meer

> On 8 Sep 2021, at 12:46, Hans van der Meer via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl> wrote:
>
> Here is something I do not understand about \usemodule.
>
> My modules are in two places because I wanted development and production separated:
> (1) Volume/TeX/texmf/modules/
> (2) Volume/TeX/texmf/modules-new/
>
> Unexpected and suddenly loading files from the first directory does not occur any longer: modules > 'hvdm-tak' is not found
> But modules from modules-new load without a hitch:  modules > 'hvdm-load' is loaded
>
> I have discard the caches and rebuilt them to no avail. Then trying mtxrun --locate filename does not show any location not even from the files that are loaded, just an empty line.
> What happens inside \usemodule to cause this? I confess being baffled. And how to convince ConTeXt to find all my modules?
>
> dr. Hans van der Meer

* Re: modules not found
@ 2021-09-08 11:21   ` Hans Hagen via ntg-context
From: Hans Hagen via ntg-context @ 2021-09-08 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 9/8/2021 12:53 PM, Hans van der Meer via ntg-context wrote:
> Further investigation seems to indicate that the module files are not
> found when initiating the context run from another directory. Though
> previously this was no problem.
> I have moved the whole ConTeXt machinery from $HOME to another volume.
> Could that cause the problem? Allthough I set their location in the .bashrc.
> # The current version of the ConTeXt luametatex in use:
> CONTEXTLMTX=/Volumes/REALM/TeX/context
> export CONTEXTLMTX
> PATH=$CONTEXTLMTX/tex/texmf-osx-64/bin:$PATH ; export PATH

did you run

mtxrun --generate

after the move