* Re: How to sort list of sections?
@ 2019-11-07 21:22 jdh
From: jdh @ 2019-11-07 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

I get no difference using criterium=previous   versus   criterium=local.

@ 2019-11-08 18:44 ` Rik Kabel
From: Rik Kabel @ 2019-11-08 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 11/7/2019 16:22, jdh wrote:
> I get no difference using criterium=previous   versus   criterium=local.

Try this extended example to see the difference:

      \setuphead[section][number=no]
      \starttext
      \startchapter[title=foo]
           \placelist[section][criterium=local,order=title]
           \startsection[title={Beta}]  \input sapolsky \stopsection
           \startsection[title={Alpha}] \input sapolsky \stopsection
      \stopchapter
      \startchapter[title=bar]
           \placelist[section][criterium=local,order=title]
           \startsection[title={Alpha}] \input sapolsky \stopsection
           \startsection[title={Delta}] \input sapolsky \stopsection
      \stopchapter
      \startchapter[title=indices]
       First local:
           \placelist[section][criterium=local,order=title]
       Now previous:

--
Rik

* Re: How to sort list of sections?
@ 2019-11-08  8:37     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2019-11-08  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 11/7/2019 9:45 PM, Kerry Sainsbury wrote:
> Thanks Hans. For the sake of any future users who may have stumbled
> across this post I want to point out that if you want the list of
> sections to appear at the /end /of your document you need to use
> "criterium=previous"
>

> \placelist[section][criterium=previous,order=title]

you can wikify this ..

@ 2019-11-07 20:45   ` Kerry Sainsbury
From: Kerry Sainsbury @ 2019-11-07 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2019-11-07 15:52 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2019-11-07 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 11/7/2019 12:13 AM, Kerry Sainsbury wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> If sections are just lists, and lists can be sorted, how can I sort a
> list of sections?
> My actual goal is to generate an 'index' that is made up of section
> headings.
> Here's my attempt that does not work.
here's one that does ...

\setuphead[section][number=no]

\starttext

\startchapter[title=foo]

     \placelist[section][criterium=local,order=title]

     \startsection[title={Beta}]  \input sapolsky \stopsection
     \startsection[title={Alpha}] \input sapolsky \stopsection
     \startsection[title={Gamma}] \input sapolsky \stopsection

\stopchapter

\stoptext

it's an experimental feature already present for a while but probably
unknown

Hans

* How to sort list of sections?
@ 2019-11-06 23:13 Kerry Sainsbury