* t-bib and explicitly italizising title parts
@ 2006-05-23 23:30 Johannes Graumann
From: Johannes Graumann @ 2006-05-23 23:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Is there any way using '\it' in the title of a bib-entry, so that
ConTeXt/t-bib will hand it though into the bibliography listing?
I have a lot of publications in my lists that contain species names in there
titles, which are by convention typeset in italics.

Thanks for any hints,

Joh

* Re: t-bib and explicitly italizising title parts
@ 2006-05-24  7:00 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-05-24  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Johannes Graumann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there any way using '\it' in the title of a bib-entry, so that
> ConTeXt/t-bib will hand it though into the bibliography listing?

Sure, just use \it ;-)

Seriously: does that not work for you? I tried

   @ARTICLE{article-minimal,
    author = {L[eslie] A. Aamport},
    title = {The {\it Gnats\/} and Gnus Document Preparation System},
    journal = {\mbox{G-Animal's} Journal},
    year = 1986,
   }

and it ran without any trouble.

Cheers, Taco

* Re: t-bib and explicitly italizising title parts
@ 2006-05-24 16:00   ` Johannes Graumann
From: Johannes Graumann @ 2006-05-24 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

>    @ARTICLE{article-minimal,
>     author = {L[eslie] A. Aamport},
>     title = {The {\it Gnats\/} and Gnus Document Preparation System},
>     journal = {\mbox{G-Animal's} Journal},
>     year = 1986,
>    }
This works indeed - I was missing the '\/' bit. However, now I have trouble
to keep explicit capitalization inside the italisized strech ... Something
like

title = {{\it {S}accharomyces cerevisiae\/}}

now lacks the required upper case for the 'S' - is there any TeX command
analogous to '\it' forcing capitalization?

Thanks, Joh

* Re: t-bib and explicitly italizising title parts
@ 2006-05-25 15:16     ` Johannes Graumann
From: Johannes Graumann @ 2006-05-25 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Johannes Graumann wrote:

> title = {{\it {S}accharomyces cerevisiae\/}}
>
> now lacks the required upper case for the 'S' - is there any TeX command
> analogous to '\it' forcing capitalization?

Solved. Extra pair of braces around italisized content.

Joh